Burning protected *.wma files

techniquefreak

My question is - can I use other burning apps than Nero Burning Rom and Windows Media Player to burn protected *.wma audio files. The reason is, you pick up a favourite burning app for this and another for that solution so I'd really like to know since it's a bit restrictive to have the choice of only 2 apps ...

Anybody got any thougths on this ?

:huh:

Any particular reason why you don't like Nero? It's got pretty much everything you could ask for in a burning program.

I'm sorry, I don't know of any other programs that will do what you ask. I'm more curious as to why you don't use Nero.

I use advanced wma workshop and convert all wma into mp3 that I get. I dislike the protection that the wma sometimes contains. It makes it an inconvenience to have the accept the license over and over when trying to listen to a wma file after a reinstall or on a different computer etc.

@Zxian -

well maybe I didn't phrase my question right. I love Nero - I even bought the Reloaded 6 Suite. I'd just like to know whether it's possible to use any applications other than the aforementioned. That's all ...

@matthewk -

Well I'd rather not go through the hazzle to first convert to another format prior to burning to cd - you see, I just need to burn the *.wma files to audio-cds.

Thank you both for your replies ... :D