Internet explorer-history option problem

vytla

i installed IE 7.0 and not interested that much. so i did unistall but after unistalling i got this problem in IE 6 in the history option.

when i click history button to display history of links, icons of shortcuts are not displayed properly and when i click any link it gives an error.

u can clearly see the problem in the picture i provided to see u all.

th_da1_error.JPG

what can i do to make it normal.

please help, anyone one

Edited by vytla

thanks for better browser (opera) . i am using it already but i am much more interested in IE.

Sorry to hear that.

Go to www.secunia.com and realize that Opera is 100% patched against all of today's known Internet threats. It also offers far more customizability than IE. If you still like IE after that, I'm really sorry.

Edited by Jeremy

There is a problem in MS Internet Explorer 7 Beta 1 in that the 'History' is only saved for one day. It usually disappears altogether on ReBoot or at least in the 24 hour cycle. This is a possible problem not fixed when you reverted to IE6.

Beta 2 should fix these problems. But you may need to install it, when available, then uninstall it, if you wish.

MS Internet Explorer 7 Beta 1 has proven safe from attack by spyware for me...

And that file vulnerability mentioned lately as version 7 something.. IE 7 B1 has version 8 something..

*You could try the add/remove for IE 6, sometimes with Microsoft you will find that when you click to uninstall, it also has an 'option' to 'REPAIR' damaged installs.