using 7za.exe biggest compession

Can anyone explain me how to use this code

7za.exe a -r -t7z -m0=BCJ2 -m1=LZMA:d24:fb255:a2:lc7:mf=bt3 -m2=LZMA:d19:fb128:a2:lc0:lp2:mf=bt3 -m3=LZMA:d19:fb128:a2:lc0:lp2:mf=bt3 -mb0:1 -mb0s1:2 -mb0s2:3 file.7z

that there wouldn't included non needed files in the .7z file, for egzample, when i put a batch file with this code into the folder, where i want compress files, the code includes that batch file, also and the 7za.exe file but i have managed to get it out from there, by using this code in the batch file

%systemdrive%\7za.exe a -r -t7z -m0=BCJ2 -m1=LZMA:d24:fb255:a2:lc7:mf=bt3 -m2=LZMA:d19:fb128:a2:lc0:lp2:mf=bt3 -m3=LZMA:d19:fb128:a2:lc0:lp2:mf=bt3 -mb0:1 -mb0s1:2 -mb0s2:3 file.7z

so how do get rid of the batch file.maybe these is a special switch.tnx

Well, suppose you named it "7zcompress.cmd" and placed it into \system32, you would simply type "7zcompress.cmd" from the folder you want to compress.

D:\somefolder>7zcompress.cmd{enter}

should i use commnad promt or what, i don't understand :wacko:

Yes.

This was ,eamt to appear to be a command prompt :D "D:\somefolder>7zcompress.cmd{enter}"

let me get this right, how it is going to be started over system32, if i'm not pointing it to system32.....???? :wacko:

sorry for the questions, but i'm aren't getting it :no:

system32 is defined in the %path% variable

type "path" in a command prompt and you will see...

PATH=C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\Sys...(plus more)..

If a program (or cmd file) isn't in the current directory when you try to execute it, Windows will search all the directories defined in %path% for that program. System32 happens to be the very first entry so Windows finds the cmdfile you placed there and executes it.

system32 is defined in the %path% variable

type "path" in a command prompt and you will see...

PATH=C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\Sys...(plus more)..

If a program (or cmd file) isn't in the current directory when you try to execute it, Windows will search all the directories defined in %path% for that program. System32 happens to be the very first entry so Windows finds the cmdfile you placed there and executes it.

ohhhh, the light starts to shine for me now

thank yu wery much :lol::thumbup:P

Edited by maniaq