Short message box if Personal folders changed ?

midiboy

Hi Benjamin,

I do sometimes give my CD including Wihu to other people so I get feedback a lot. One thing that always comes up from users who never used Wihu before and I mean always, is that they don´t know that I set a different path for users personal folders in the ini. Then, after the installation they are wondering why their personal folders are all on D:\%username% instead of the usual, default place.

This happens because a "normal" user seemingly never clicks on "Eigenschaften" in the second Wihu screen where you can change the settings of the newly created account.

I thought of a small addition to Wihu that would really make it a lot easier for people not familiar with Wihu.

Could you maybe add a message box to Wihu that will pop up after the user created a user account and clicks on "weiter" ( to go to the Software installation screen) if and only if the path to the personal folders are different from Windows standard and if the user has not changed them manually in Wihu yet (has not clicked on the "Eigenschaften" button for a user account and changed them there)

This messagebox should say something like this (could be edited in the ini, if it is not too much work):

The Personal folders of the user(s) you just created will be different from the Windows Standard. Right now the personal folders will be ... (show settings from ini)

If you want to change those paths click on Change, otherwise click on Continue.

If the user clicks on Change he will be presented with the User account settings page, ideally with the "Systemordner" tab visible already.

edit: If the user created more than one account, or if more are created by default, Wihu should maybe instead go to the second Wihu screen again and tell the user to click on "eigenschaften" for each account.

If this is too complicated, distinguising between one or more accounts, just drop the user back to the second wihu screen and tell the user to click on "Eigenschaften" for each account.

If the user clicks on Continue, nothing is changed and the user goes on to software installation.

Would that be easy or quick to implement or would it take long ? It would really help me out :)

Thanks,

Alex

Edited by midiboy

Hi Benjamin,

well, that screenshot looks nice ! But it is not really necessary, only if you have nothing else to do ... :P

All that would be necessary is a message that the folders have changed and that the user should go back and change them if he wishes (telling the user where to find the settings) or accept them.

Thanks,

Alex

• 2 weeks later...