Cannot find Fasttrak.sys

Jenny Taylor

Windows 2000 with SP4 integrated

Fasttrak ATA133 drivers used

Hi. I really could do with some help on this one. I've followed the intermediate guide re: installing RAID drivers onto an unattended CD instead of a floppy to the letter.

All works well if I DONT use the $OEM$\$1\drivers\blah\Fasttrak.sys folders directory on a burnt CD..But obviously I have to use the floppy disc to start an install of the OS.

When I

1) Add the required $OEM$ dir to a CD and copy the RAID drivers to the relevant driver folder within it.

2) Update the winnt.sif with oempreinstall=yes and oempnpdriverspath set to the right location

3) Add whats needed to the txtsetup.sif file as per the tutorial

4) makecab Fasttrak.sys_ file etc etc and give the whole thing a go...I keep getting the same message Cannot find Fasttrak.sys file when i start to install.

I've even tried using the same RAID version files in the exact same way as shown in the tutorial and made the necessary adjustments to sif files/makecab etc etc but I get the message cannot find si3112.sys.

Is there something else I should have done? Some BIOS settings perhaps? Like I said it works fine running off a floppy.

I've even tried installing the OS by using the same winnt.sif file in both the i386 folder and on a floppy disc in case it wasnt seeing the file but that didnt make a difference. I've run through the tutorials over and over checking and re checking my work but nothing seems to work.

Can anyone help me here please. thanks

Hi JBM

<quote>

Are you copying the files to the i386 dir on the cd?

Here is precisely what i am doing :

I made the directory $OEM$ which is next to i386 NOT inside it

Inside the $OEM$ is.. \$1\Drivers\ataraid\ (Here I copy all the files off the RAID floppy disc) these are..

Fasttrak.sys

Fasttrak.cat

Txtsetup.oem

Fasttrak.inf

ReadMe.txt

After this I insert the below in the winnt.sif file

OemPreinstall=yes

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\ataraid"

Next I add to the TXTSETUP.sif

[sourceDisksFiles]

Fasttrak.sys = 1,,,,,,3_,4,1

[HardwareIdDatabase]

PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_7275 = "Fasttrak133"

PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_5275 = "Fasttrak133"

[sCSI.load]

Fasttrak133_nt52 = Fasttrak.sys, 4

;Fasttrak133_nt5 = Fasttrak.sys, 4

[scsi]

Fasttrak133_nt52 = "win2000 Promis MBFasttrak133 Lite Controller"

;Fasttrak133_nt5 = "win2000 Promis MBFasttrak133 Lite Controller"

Then I RUN

MAKECAB C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\DRIVERS\ATARAID\FASTTRAK.SYS C:\XPCD\i386\FASTTRAK.SY_

Which as you know creates a file inside i386

When I run the install on a formatted hard drive I get the messege Cannot find Fasttrak.sys

This always happens at the stage where the Win2000 files are going to be copied to the installation folder (the loading bare stage)

If what I say I have done looks ok then I will attach a copy of winnt.sif/txtsetup.sif and the textsetup.oem files

Maybe someone will spot my mistake. I've been through it a hundred times and also tried the same RAID as the tutorial...nothing works.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

From that kind of error, I would have guessed it was due to the cab not being uncompressed back to the .sys file.

Unfortunatly its been aloonnnggg time since I did any txtsetup.oem editing back when I had my nforce2 board, but I do remember the numbers here, changed as to how the drivers were being stored.

Im not sure where you got your info from, but someone on the first page who has had a successfull install of mass storage drivers was using the following, and he was also cabing up the drivers.

[SourceDisksFiles]
iaStor.sys = 100,,,,,,3_,4,1,,,1,4
si3114r.sys = 100,,,,,,3_,4,1,,,1,4

Maybe use the same / find out if these are the correct ones?

I don't see anything wrong with what you did.

This is what I use for my promise controller.

[SourceDisksFiles]
fasttx2k.sys = 1,,,,,,4_,4,1,,,1,4

Also I'm not compressing the file with makecab.