Uniqueness database with unattended CDROM

Hi,

I am deploying 60 + comps XP-Prof and have successfully made the CDROM with WINNT.sif file placed inside i386 folder. But I want unique machine names which I have entered during running setup.exe. Now I have the unattend.udb uniqueness database file created too.

Now my question is that If I want to autoinstall using CD (without floppy) and want unique machine names, where di I place the unattend.udb file.

From ref.chm:

win32.exe /udf:id[,UDB_file] Indicates an identifier (id) that Setup uses to specify how a Uniqueness Database (UDB) file modifies an answer file (see the /unattend entry).

The UDB overrides values in the answer file, and the identifier determines which values in the UDB file are used. For example, /udf:RAS_user,Our_company.udb overrides settings specified for the RAS_user identifier in the Our_company.udb file. If no UDB_file is specified, Setup prompts the user to insert a disk that contains the $Unique$.udb file.

If you start the computer from the Windows product CD and run an unattended Setup, you cannot use the /udf command-line option for Winnt32.exe.

Mmm, interesting. How the .udb file looks like inside?

The UDB file looks something like:

;SetupMgrTag

[uniqueIds]

NOISYD001=UserData

NOISYD002=UserData

NOISYD003=UserData

[NOISYD001:UserData]

ComputerName=NOISYD001

[NOISYD002:UserData]

ComputerName=NOISYD002

[NOISYD003:UserData]

ComputerName=NOISYD003