Using registry tweaks?

Hi there,

I was hoping my first post would be less trivial then this one will almost certainly turn out to be...

Anyway, I started making my own unattended cd using the Unattended CD/DVD Guide. I have succesfully integrated SP2 and most post-SP2 hotfixes. A few hotfixes, however, require an addition to the registry. I have read a lot about what to add, and it seems simple enough, but one question remains... where should I add it!?

The Regtweaks section in the Guide I mentioned before has not been completed (doesn't exist?) and searching this forum for a proper instruction hasn't resulted in anything useful yet.

Sorry for this simple question, I hope to be contributing a lot to this community in the near future.

Greetings from The Netherlands,

Bas.

Edit: Hmmm, I have found something, but it seems to be a debugging thread instead of a guide/howto/tutorial. Needless to say I did find the two sticky topics about registry tweaks, but those are just things you can do with them, not how to do it.

Edit 2: After more than an hour of searching it came to me... I don't need the Regtweaks Section in that guide, do I? I assume that section is meant for specific tweaks, not as a tutorial. So am I correct to conclude that the Batch Scripting Section is all I need to add/modify/delete registry entries and silently install apps? If anyone could confirm that, I would be the happiest guy on this forum at this moment! Any links to other tutorials/howtos/guides are still greatly appreciated. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Edited by Basje

This is what you do.

1. You add all your Retweaks to one file. For example Tweaks.reg

2. Then in your cmdlines.txt in $OEM$ add under [COMMANDS]

"REGEDIT /S regtweaks.reg"

Then at t-13 your regtweaks will be imported automatically.