Hard disk problem after baggage scan in airport

I am working abroad ,( i am working in kuwait and live in india) , so whenever Come home for vacation i used to bring a harddisk with data to tranfer my work at home( too much data so only i prefer hard disk). before no problem but nowadays when bring and plug them in it is dead, not working, giving click clack sound. Is this problem due to baggage scan, any way to prevent the harddisk . I need help on this. And also want to know is that there is any software to compress or make double space for dvd 4.7gb. I see it in some of movie dvd's and software dvd's that data is about 8.5 gb but the dvd 4.7gb only(no double layer). Please some in the forum help me with this.

I am working abroad ,( i am working in kuwait and live in india) , so whenever Come home for vacation i used to bring a harddisk with data to tranfer my work at home( too much data so only i prefer hard disk). before no problem but nowadays when bring and plug them in it is dead, not working, giving click clack sound. Is this problem due to baggage scan, any way to prevent the harddisk . I need help on this. And also want to know is that there is any software to compress or make double space for dvd 4.7gb. I see it in some of movie dvd's and software dvd's that data is about 8.5 gb but the dvd 4.7gb only(no double layer). Please some in the forum help me with this.

I have been there, I don't know what airline you are using but they can help you if you give notice and give the disk to designated personel...then they will examine the disk..(not data) and it will be transported for you without going through xray.

You will also need to provide requested form of authorization from company you work for...(or other document local authorities might require)

I did it with Singapore Airlines from Singapore - Amsterdam at least.

The reason you got this "click clack" can be both xray or handling related.