Hotfix problem with unattended cd

I've followed the guide, http://unattended.msfn.org, throughout to make a win xp pro sp2 cd from win xp pro sp1. I've tested my iso file in Microsoft Virtual PC Trial. To see if the integrated hotfixes were applied I first went to look at the add/remove programs list. Only one was listed. Then I checked with Windows Update, and got a list of 9 critical. At least 3 of them were the same I also integrated in my unattended cd.

So my question to you guys is, what have I done wrong?

Here's how I integrated the hotfixes...

I downloaded all XP Pro SP2 hotfixes from the list at http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=31886. Then I renamed all files to match the 8.3 length, and removed KB890830 and KB873374 due to the comments. Then I made a batch file.

"C:\hotfixes_2\KB873333.exe" /q /n /z /integrate:D:\XP_SP2_FIX_DK and so on...

My svcpack.inf looks like this...

[CatalogHeader]

[Version]

BuildNumber=2600

MinorVersion=1

MajorVersion=5

Signature="$Windows NT$"

[setupData]

CatalogSubDir="\I386\SVCPACK"

[ProductCatalogsToInstall]

KB873333.cat

and so on..

[setupHotfixesToRun]

KB873333.exe /q /n /z

and so on..

Last thing I did was checking the svcpack directory. Everything looked alright, and all files were there.

I tried nLite first, but got lots of errors, so moved on to the /integrate method. RyanVM's pack is as far as I can see only featuring English hotfixes. I have a Danish XP version :)

Can someone tell me, if all hotfixes are integrated and installed properly from my unattended XP CD, should they appear on the add/remove programs list then?

HI!

Try integrate without "/q /n /z " only C:\hotfixes_2\KB873333.exe" /integrate:D:\XP_SP2_FIX_DK because some hotfixes do not integrate when some other hotfixe are already integrate (some new ones over some old ones or vice versa) You can Integrate them one by one and see which hotfixes are conflicting After that integrate one of them then remove the one you integrated from svcpack.inf and svcpack folder integrate the other and move back the one you removed (back to svcpack.inf and svcpack folder).

I Hope this help you out!

I did as you suggested and found 3 failures, something about the architecture and structure of directories/files. Nevermind, deleted those and added all working hotfixes. I went to add/remove programs list, and same thing - only one listed. This time though I notice something, kind of embarrasing to admit, but I guess you have to check "view updates" to make them appear on the list - and there they were :D I tried my old iso also, and when checking they surely appears.

Anyways, thanks to everyone for the help :)