Accessing other XP machine Problem

sanju_3400

My network has domain model setup. We have one domain & all the machines are Windows XP configured for same Domain. When logged in with domain account, there is no problem in accessing the other machine, shared folder, drives, printers.

But if in any machine I logged in with Local user account ( Local administrator ) and I try to access other XP machine it shows the policy error. It doesn't give you the option for authenticating to that machine also.

But in same way if I access any NT machine by logging with Local administrator, it allows me to enter the information to authenticate with network.

It means this problem is for only XP. I tried several policy level option but could not get solution. Can you help me pls?

I'd check your GPOs in Active Directory... and if all possible use the domain admin user or a user in domin admins group.

I have checked all the policies. Can u suggest me what options in policies should I check.

I am using the domain users only to login normally in windows. But my question is can't I access the other machine by logging with local administrator in my own machine?

Don't forget, WinXP Pro by default doesn't allow access from other computers if the account doesn't have a password...or at least you can't browse to it.

Also, as everyone has mentioned, check your GPO's...if you have the ability to, try disabling some of them temporarily, just to see if that is the problem.

Edited by InTheWayBoy