User paths

I am trying to create user folders and not sure what I need to type in the profiles section if I have multiple users selected at once. I thought it went something like \\server\users\%home% but I cannot remeber at the moment. I know this is an easy one but just blanked out.

thanks

Not sure exactaly what you are asking but if you are trying to set user profile paths for multiple people then you would use for example \\servername\profiles$\%username%

if you are trying to reference an already created path of a folder already contained in an already created profile path then you would use for example "%userprofile%\My Documents"

Hope this is what you are looking for

you can however everyone that logs on to that computer will have to be a local admin if you use the C$ share...

make a share called profiles and give the users full share rights on the share. put the mandatory profile inside this shares folder..

Do it this way.. much more secure

Administrative shares should only be used for administrators

but yeah.. that path should work.. to test the %variable% the easiest way to test would be to go to the command prompt and type for example echo %computername% and see what it returns.. it it returns the computer name then you know it should work..

Well what I am trying to do is create user folders on the server in a specific place for the accounts I created. Right now what I am doing is going into Active Directory and highlighing the group of users and then right clicking on them to bring up the properties for that batch. Then I go to the profiles tab and check the home folder box. Then I want to set them up so they connect to say the z drive with the path being \\servername\users\username. I was hoping this would also create a user folder on the serve rif it was not already there. I also want to make sure that it creates the proper permissions on the server only giving those users access to their folder. I hope that helps clarify what I am trying to do.

I guess just to clairify.. home path and profile path are different..

if you want to create a path automatically when the user logs in then what you are going to want to do is create a share on the server called home$ and profiles$ (I like to use hidden shares for user folders). Keep the NTFS permissions default and make the share premissions everyone full control. In the user settings dialog Under the home folder path enter in \\servername\home$\%username% and for profile you would enter in \\servername\profiles$\%username%. Doing it this way will automatically create the users folder when they first log in and will automatically connect it givin you selected the check box to connect to the drive letter for the home folder path

thank chilifre

i want the mandatory profile load from local computer not from server ?

but i could not set any path that point to mandatori profile and when users log on they recive an alert messege that show they users have temp profile.

mandatori profile is in "c:\mandatpry profile" in each computer.

do u know any UNC path for this purpose ?