a way to integrate UBCD 3.3

N30M0D

Hi,

this is a simple way to integrate UBCD 3.3 on a multiboot DVD for newbies who met problems.

Copy boot\menus folder from UBCD disk in AIO-DVD\boot\ folder. Copy INSERT, dosapps and images folders in AIO-DVD\

Open cdshell.ini and CUT ALL leaving in it only this lines:

boot:

cls

print "\n"

print "Press enter to boot from DVD... \n"

getkey 5 boot 0x80

if $lastKey == key[enter]; then script menus/rootmenu.scn

# When no key found...

goto boot

now, create rootmenu.scn, open it with notepad, and paste all the rest in it. Cut rootmenu.scn and put it in menus folder (AIO-DVD\boot\menus).

Now in rootmenu.scn, when we want to start UBCD at his line we type:

if $lastKey == key[3]; then script menus/main.scn

Now open main.scn

and insert in the menu list the voice "[ESC] DVD Root menu" (We add this voice to return to DVD root menu):

if ($lastKey == key[ESC]); then script menus/rootmenu.scn

Finally open each .scn file in AIO-DVD\boot\menus\ and correct the patch for each .scn line:

if ($lastKey == key[4]); then script file.scn ----> if ($lastKey == key[4]); then script menus/file.scn

Is it clear? :)

*I would only to know how to handle freesco and tools folders of UBCD disk

Now about INSERT...

If u use UBCD full with INSERT i can suggest you a way in order to run it.

If you have on dvd a live linux distro yet (like DSL) and start it with bcdw command then u can copy the content of isolinux folder of the UBCD disk in AIO-DVD\boot\modules\isolinux folder. Now u can use INSERT on your DVD too (No need to edit files because in boot\menus there is insert.scn already).

I apologize for my english, :D

Bye

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

need help with v4.11 since all its menus are written in *.cfg files while this tutorial has *.scn files...

i tried using script to load *.cfg files but it doesn't work and the flyakite ubcd tutorial has some flaws...

plz help...

• 3 weeks later...
need help with v4.11 since all its menus are written in *.cfg files while this tutorial has *.scn files...

i tried using script to load *.cfg files but it doesn't work and the flyakite ubcd tutorial has some flaws...

plz help...

ubcd 4.11 now uses isolinux instead of cdshell. you should call "isolinux" from cdshell.ini. i just tryed but the ubcd menu cannot be browsed