Installing XP UA from Windows!

is it possible to Install windows UA with the same apps and the settings and everything that is foung in the Awsome Unattended XPSP2 CD?!

i.e without booting from DOS and stuff, just enter your D: (CDROM) and run setup.exe, Bingo you will get UA Installtions! :thumbup

Under 32 Enviroment

I hope my request is clear

Edited by Wesmosis

• 1 month later...

Well this is interesting. Taking a peek inside of WINNT32.MSI with AdminStudio shows that there's only one file defined, TEMP.TMP, no registry entries, no shortcuts, and only a handful of properties. Among the properties though is PIDKEY which sure enough has the PID that defines the source (for me) as VLK. I had always thought that SETUPP.INI was the sole location for the type of XP source.

There also happens to be to be some custom actions defined, RunSetUp and RunSetupImmediate, both have command line arguments defined as

/unattend /batch /#Q

It would appear to me that this is pretty much just a bootstrap for running setup from a GUI.

• 2 weeks later...

thanx guys

but sometimes I face some very newbie pals whome don't know how to boot form XPSP2 CD or make the CD Drive is the 1st boot drive

so I thought is there a way to install Unattended XPSP2 with all its appz and registry tweak.......etc from the Windows itself

This works from a Windows Desktop, you have to put the $oem$ in the i386 folder for it to install the apps.

This will install XP To D Drive. Open Cmd In the XPCD location

start i386\winnt32.exe /noreboot /tempdrive:D: /unattend:winnt.sif

I have not tested this one but it should work if you have the same path. Save as

StartXP_HD.cmd

echo off

start %systemdrive%\XPCD\i386\winnt32.exe /noreboot /tempdrive:D: /unattend:winnt.sif

wow here is new stuff came over, thanx man I'm gonna try it soon

and I'll try to make a batch file works as autorun

This will install XP To D Drive

but is it possible ti install on C?

you mean the setup files will be on D? I need windows to be installed on drive C, this is so important for me

Edited by Wesmosis