hdd dedection problem

This on;lly happens on cold boot when power is off for 2 minutes or more. When I boot it goes into bios post an dloads everything up to HD. During this time I here a lot of strange noise. So I have to power off and reboot sometiomes several times before HDD detectiopn. I have already run the WD HD diags. They found nothing before. I am running them now. What could this be? What coult the noises be if there are no bad sectors or other problems? I very rarely cold boot.

Several solutions would be to update the motherboard bios if your comfortable with doing that.

Its pretty safe unless you are unlucky and have a power cut, just make sure you know what to do exactly first.

Contact WD, I remember one person on another forums saying they had a problem with a certain drive (it was the dfi-street forum) on the DFI LP 250GB (same board as me) and they confirmed that they had several reported issues and a firmware upgrade was needed.

I know these are different manufacturers to yours, but you never know - worth a contact.

Also test different IDE/SATA cables and try a different controller on the board.