Unable to boot due to no pagefile. Help plz.

PnoT

I accidentally set my pagefile to 0 and upon reboot i keep getting the msg that virtual memory is too low and after hitting OK to try and login it boots me right back out to the same screen again. I can ever login. I have tried to enter the recovery console and use the reg.exe to import a setting for the pagefile but i have no access to that command. I have also tried to remote manage the registry but since the network is not initialized at that point i can't get to it. Safemode does the same thing. I have searched all over google and other forums trying to find an answer to how i can change the registry value even thou i can't bootup into windows. At this point i'm out of options and ideas and i really do not want to reinstall windows all over again. Is there any solution to my problem? I'm using win2000 pro btw.

Thanks

I never tried regeditPE on win2k but it's worth a try.

You will need BartPE and RegeditPE.

Or BartPE and UBCD4Win, which includes regeditPE and lots more.

Unfortunately, making these disks is at least as much work as installing windows, probably more. And you need a working computer to make them. Be worth it in the long run though.