Time synchronizing SW

techniquefreak

One of my laptops has a dying battery. So the windows time is a bugger to maintain.

So I'm looking for a good time synchronization service program - preferrably freeware - for Windows 2000 Professional SP4

Does anyone here have a good suggestion?

Thank you in advance ... :)

*edit* it has to be able to pass through NAT and SW firewall ...

Edited by techniquefreak

And you can't replace the battery? Most CMOS batteries are commonly available (they're just watch batteries or the like), and usually sell for ~$5.

Here's a program that I just Googled up... haven't tried it though. Link

Oh yeah that's a useful suggestion - only it's a laptop so I'm not so keen to disassemble it - furthermore it's a Dell so it might want a Dell-battery (I say this because I wanted to put more RAM in it once and it wouldn't accept the ram from Kingston or whatever so I kinda gave that up :( another incidence is the tft screen went dead once - something with the background lighting or whatever and my friend who's an electronics repairman couldn't repair the friggin' thing cause he did only have generic parts and not Dell's so I had to get Dell to repair that - now that'd blow a big hole in my pocket :realmad: )

So - replacing the battery might not be a viable solution though it seems the one obvious thing to do :o

But thanks for the link - looks OK ;)

Edited by techniquefreak