Constant rebooting after gui install

Hi,

I've just trying out XP64-Bit and I'm having a major headache with RAID or at least it looks like thats the issue.

I'm installing normally, no unattended stuff and after the GUI install section when it should hopefully reboot into Windows proper its showing the loading screen and then flashing up a BSOD for about a tenth of a second before rebooting. This happens all the time and only turning it off will stop it.

This also happened on my 32Bit unattened install where I assumed it was a driver config issue of my own making. I did get the 32Bit version to install alright with a normal install so I know that the RAID works.

Has anyone come across this before?

My setup is :-

Asus A8N-SLi, original BIOS but just about to try 1008.

Latest XP64-Bit Nvidia drivers from their website. (6.66)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had a very similar experience: the install went without difficulty until the first boot into the newly installed system - then the Windows 64-bit splash screen appeared briefly followed by a reboot, no BSOD, no nothing.

I'm pretty sure the problem was the RAID driver in the 64-bit 6.66 release. I solved it by using an earlier version of the RAID driver.

Are you by any chance using a dual-core processor? It looks as though the 6.66 RAID driver works for most people as there seem to have been relatively few reports of problems with it. On very little evidence, I'm guessing that the 64-bit RAID driver doesn't like dual cores.

The reason for this behaviour of Windows XP x64 is, that the OS does not trust the correct NVIDIA driver (nvatax64.sys) and - as a consequence of that - installs the wrong MS driver (Standard PCI-IDE-Controller driver) during the GUIMODE part of the installation.

If you really want to install the newest nVRaid drivers from the packages v. 6.66 or 7.13, you have to make an unattended install with nLite v. 1.0 beta4.

Here is the description of that method:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...ndpost&p=352404

CU

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1

After loads and loads of installs I did (whilst not resolving it) find that the RAID driver for 6.66 64-Bit and also the latest 32-Bit version were both sh1t!

To make matters worse even the unattended install wouldn't work until I removed the RAID drivers and that was on a single SATA drive ?!?!

So now its out with the RAID and back with my nice unattended disc :)

• 4 weeks later...
After loads and loads of installs I did (whilst not resolving it) find that the RAID driver for 6.66 64-Bit and also the latest 32-Bit version were both sh1t!

To make matters worse even the unattended install wouldn't work until I removed the RAID drivers and that was on a single SATA drive ?!?!

So now its out with the RAID and back with my nice unattended disc  :)

I am also having identical problems installing WinXP 64 on an Asus A8N-E with AMD3200. I have tried several different combinations of the RAID drivers and even called tech support. They basically told me that it is most likely my RAM, my HDs, my CPU... Worthless. They say that as long as the motherboard boots up and Win installation starts OK than it is software or hardware (other than motherboard) issue.

During Install everything seems to go great, but then constant rebooting. By the way, I did install this OS on a single SATA hard rive without a hitch...

Please - any help???