Unattended install not so unattended

using nLite 1.0b5

Windows XP, SP2

Because of the Windows File Protection "error," I have disabled SFC during the nLite setup. Whether that and my current issue are related or not, I do not know.

For some reason now, Windows does not install in a completely automated manner. I have tried Fully Automated and DefaultHide in nLite and the parallel options in Microsoft's setupmgr.exe

The install seems to flow smoothly until the first reboot, at which time I am prompted with "Welcome to Microsoft Windows." The setup wants to turn on Automatic Updates, check Internet connection, and register with Microsoft.

I am quite sure that I have missed a simple option, but having filled out all fields offered by nLite, I do not know what else I can do to prevent this "feature" from popping up.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

~Dave.

Edited by DVDave

Check your WinNT.sif

You have two value to check

[Unattended]
   UnattendSwitch=Yes

[GuiUnattended]
   OemSkipWelcome=1

From the ultimate guide of MSFN :

UnattendSwitch="yes"

Specifies whether Setup skips Windows Welcome or Mini-Setup when preinstalling Windows XP Home Edition or Windows XP Professional using the CD Boot method. Set this to yes to skip the "Setting Up Internet Connection" and "Create User Accounts" screens.

OemSkipWelcome=0 or 1

This option should be set to 0 if you have OemPreinstall from above on No, If OemPreinstall

is on Yes then this option should be set to 1, not doing so will halt the OEM process! When set to 0 this tells Setup not to display the welcome screen during the GUI-mode of Windows Setup (Note: This is not the same as "Windows Welcome" where you set a username for your new account when Setup finishes)

Goodbye.

Edited by sonic