what is Vista requirements ?

grafx1

No 3d effects here :( not even good shadows :( lol

people were asking how much space it takes up on the harddrive.

On mine with beta 1, The windows directory takes up 3.64GB of space. 22,226 files.

Edited by muggerfugger

Yup, running Vista beta1 since the last week or so...

Runs pretty decent whether u give it 512 MB or 256 MB of memory.

Occupies 3.2 GB of HD space after install, but refuses to install if your C: partition is any less than 7 GB.

Havent seen any of the desktop 3D (DWM) since i dont have a GeForce FX series card here, which is what that feature needs.

i was wondering the same from a time ago ... do u remember ...
"Microsoft is expected to recommend that the "average" Longhorn PC feature a dual-core CPU running at 4 to 6GHz; a minimum of 2 gigs of RAM; up to a terabyte of storage; a 1 Gbit, built-in, Ethernet-wired port and an 802.11g wireless link; and a graphics processor that runs three times faster than those on the market today.

Yup, i remember that one.

But no one should mis-understand that one - because that "average" spec was thought up at a different time. That was a time when longhorn promised absolutely everything possibly imagined, including a fully new 3D interface and an SQL file-system.

Today, it doesnt look all that good anymore - Vista is just an evolution of XP, not a Revolution.

So contemporary high-end hardware should be able to handle Vista pretty well, when it comes out.