Server 2003 copy error with Autorun.inf

Hey guys - got a quick question regarding server 2003. I've tried transferring "autorun.inf" files through the network onto a share on a Server 2003 machine. It promptly gives me the error that "Cannot copy AUTORUN: Access is Denied.". Thinking it was possibly just a weird ACL thing with the share, i tried to drop it right in the root with the administrative share (c$). Same error. I also tried all the other Server2003 boxes we have, same error. Also, happens with the different versions too (i've tried Datacenter, Standard, and Enterprise) and all get the same error. Yet i C$ into one of my 2000 servers and it copys the exact same file without a problem. Is this something specific to 2003? If so how can it be fixed? Any help is appreciated!!

did you do this through a network? Like from a CD-Rom on your computer to a remote share somewhere else? Cause if i stick a CD-rom in the server2003 box itself, it will create the autorun.inf just fine. Through the network however it just gives me access denied errors. Its definitely not in use anywhere cause I just extracted it from an ISO, and that exact file moves perfectly fine to a 2000 share...i can't figure this out..so strange...

EDIT:

Also - to totally eliminate the "file in use" thing, even if i try and create a text file and rename it "autorun.inf" it will give me access denied error, yet i can create autorun.ini's, autorun.ing's all day long - just not a .inf. All other .inf's transfer fine. Its very odd...

Edited by Bullets

ah ha - i've done some more tinkering and it seems that its a GPO thing with our Active Directory which, of course, i have no control over (**** HQ tyrants :P). Thanks for the help anyway guys :)

ok i take that back - it wasn't a GPO - at first glance it seemed that way but after i left work last night i was thinking and i realized that it was McAfee VirusScan 8.0i Enterprise...part of its advanced virus "protection" features is to disallow the remote creation of autorun.inf's. Once that box was unchecked, problem no more :) Thanks again.