Prob with win98 SP2

hi guys,

i am trying to use win98 SP2 so tonight win98SE arabic enabled ver. was installed on my PC just the installation finished the SP2 was installed (without any additional programe) but i got blue screen with error message.

i have one way to use win98se with SP2 that to setup new on without format the installation partation.

is there another way???

AFAIK Arabic enabled version is completely different version of Windows 98 than standard US English version and therefore US English SE SP cannot be used.

Petr.

:no:

u mean that i can't use this SP

is there any way? :(

u must know that i was never got any error messege with any hotfix or updates before this SP.arabic enabled ver. is official ver. of microsoft and must be compatible with any hotfix or update.

thnx for your reply.

u must know that i was never got any error messege with any hotfix or updates before this SP.arabic enabled ver. is official ver. of microsoft and must be compatible with any hotfix or update.

I have no personal experience, but according to the following MS KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=206071 patches and hotfixes for US English language version has suffix USA and for Arabic enabled EAR, so for example Q288550 hotfix for US English Windows 98 will be named 288550USA8.EXE and for Arabic enabled 288550EAR8.EXE.

SE SP contains USA hotfixes only, for any other language, there must be specific clone, I maintain CZE version, there are also GER, FRN, POL, DUT, RUS, ITN versions mainained by others.

I don't know how big difference and in how many files is between USA and EAR versions.

Petr.