Win MCE with SP2

Nw i can proudly say dat i hav got myself a ORIGINAL AND GENUIN VER. OF MCE 2005 (may b its oem). i hav returned da previous 2nd had mce pc to da seller, yes i called up m$'s toll free no and discovered dat it was a pirated copy.... thanx 2 all! but nw no more tension!

hey i wanna say i more thing , da shop hasnt given me any recovery disks and not even any driver disks, can ne1 tell me wthr i'm suppoz to get ne of dis???

But the neo pc is **** slow coz it has only 256m ram!!!! but still a beauty 2 luk at!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Nw i can proudly say dat i hav got myself a ORIGINAL AND GENUIN VER. OF MCE 2005 (may b its oem). i hav returned da previous 2nd had mce pc to da seller, yes i called up m$'s toll free no and discovered dat it was a pirated copy.... thanx 2 all! but nw no more tension!

hey i wanna say i more thing , da shop hasnt given me any recovery disks and not even any driver disks, can ne1 tell me wthr i'm suppoz to get ne of dis???

It may original but its definately not genuine lol

If you havent recieved the cd's to go with the new pc...

"generally" as a rule, you should receive the OS cd's and any hardware accompanying cd's i.e. graphics card, motherboard, etc. with any new pc, or in the case of a royalty oem (big manufacturers like hp, dell, etc), it may be in the form of a restore cd

...then it certainly wont be genuine. Furthermore, you should have a Certificate of Authenticity [CoA] sticker fixed to the chassis/case of the pc you buy.

With MCE (2005), I cant be 100% as I personally never seen any of them, but you should definately have a CoA on the machine.

You best give microsoft a call and tell them what you've just told us.

Regards

N.

lemme guess, your cd is pirated...

and btw, whats with the "hip-hop" language ?

Hear-hear, man; I'm disinclined to help based *solely* on the crappy method of communication. Jeez! Try speaking ENGLISH rather than the Ebonics crap and maybe someone can stand looking at your thread long enough to compose a helpful reply!

Jason

Well Just to say I do have a legal OEM version of MCE 2005 that I got with a dell PC and have 2 pc I know it is not right but tried to put os on second PC installed fined but did not activate and gave me 30 day trial to activate so MCE 2005 does have a trial period if not activated just as xp pro

have to say i was searching somthing and found this and .. hahaha this was one funny post. also i used to think almost everyone in india can speak english better then me .. but i stand wrong lol.
Flame bait.

In any case, generalisation is not the best policy.

As for the topic's original question, it seems to have been solved by the poster himself.

FOR EVERYONE ELSE:

Please post in correct english, makes it far simpler for us to help.

I am having the same exact problem, and just purchased the copy of MCE (also the OEM version) from Fry's Electronics in Fountain Valley, CA.

I get the same error that the setup can not find mcdftreg.inf... Been at this all day, and would love any guidence anyone could supply.

Thanks!

never touched an mce disk, so im guessing what i have 2 say maybe incorrect, but in anycase hear me out (or atleast read what i type :P)

your disk is probly integated with sp1 u will have 2 read the unattended forum about applying sp2 to an already sp1 slipstreamed disk :D

in the words of somebody famous (jim carey)

sommmbody stop me!!! :P