JAJAH

Lost Soul

im not sure if this has been posted before but i just found it and thought id give it a try and i wanted to share my findings :)

JAJAH is a new free software to make free audio and video calls to anyone connected to a PC to the Internet, to SIP-compliant devices and smartphones, as well as to interconnect to standard telephone and mobile users around the world

Better than Skype?

The software is easy to use, simple to install and operate. Most functions are as easy to use as on Skype or better.

After a few seconds of having installed it I immediately tried a phone call to my own local phone number and within instants of my dialing, it was ringing! That was too much. Not only the speed and reliability appeared impressive but I had NOT credited Jajah any money to call landlines! (As I was to discover later the company is offering a five minutes of free calls to let users try out the new service).

JAJAH uses a more effective codec than Skype's own and seems to be capable of providing even higher quality audio results while using less bandwidth.

for more info

http://www.masternewmedia.org/Skype/videoc...re_features.htm

download

http://www.jajah.com/en/download.asp

Edited by Lost Soul

As I was to discover later the company is offering a five minutes of free calls to let users try out the new service

umean to all countries?

or only selcted

bmn

Edited by bmn

i believe to all countries and keep in mind this is in beta form, and it has nice quality sound, you can change skins and rings, but i kinda like skype better but this does offer a few nice perks,, its definatly worth a shot and its free so whats there to lose :)

Edited by Lost Soul

• 3 weeks later...
According to the Skype Journal they're planning to add Video to Skype soon.  I think they already had a closed beta.

AO2005 - Skype Shares Their Video Solution - SkypeSee?

its already added i posted the beta a while back but it lacked a good refresh rate, and its video confrencing pailed in comparison to cq phone, so far that has the best video confrencing ive seen yet, the video portion is super fast