Integration of NVIDIA's nForce RAID and AHCI drivers

Fernando 1

@ jdfox:

I can't help you without any informations about

a ) your mainboard (name and nForce chipset version) and

b ) your hdd configuration (S-ATA IDE mode, S-ATA RAID mode or S-ATA AHCI mode).

If you don't know the details about your hdd configuration, you should run Vista, open the Device Manager and look for the Controllers within the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" and "Storage Controllers" section.

Edited by Fernando 1

Fernando,

Please accept my apologies. I posted incorrectly instead of a continuing thread, so the history was in prior post.

Here is a recap

I am trying to set up a dual boot Vista/XP system.

I have failed up to this point, trying to boot to an XP CD and no floppy to add drivers (and some confusion over which drivers)

My desktop is a Gateway GT5685E, a model made for sale in a store named Costco.

It has the following

MCP73PV Motherboard.

American Megatrends Bios Version 2.61

3 GB Memory

Nvidia Geforce 7100 / Nvidia nForce 630i

Two Western Digital 500 GB Caviar GP Sata Drives

Vista with SP1 Installed on Drive0 & Drive1 is empty but formatted

I have slipstreamed SP3 with my XP CD

I followed your Tip on looking into my Vista Device Manager under Storage Controllers and the following was listed

Microsoft iSCSI Initiator

NVIDIA nForce RAID Controller

nVidia nForce Serial ATA

I assume this means I do have a RAID controller.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Reply

I didn't expect that, because you wrote, that you have only 2 hdd's, one of them with Vista and the other prepared for the XP installation. It makes no sence to enable RAID with this configuration.

Anyhow this changes my previous suggestions (unless you should set the SATA Controllers to "AHCI Mode" within the BIOS, but this would have the consequence, that you won't be able anymore to boot into your currently installed Vista).

As long as your SATA Controllers are set to "RAID" (which seems to be the case now) you have to integrate the SATARAID driver folder as TEXTMODE driver. It is not necessary to additionally integrate the SATA_IDE driver folder as PnP driver.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I light of that, was my original post on track or should I follow your advice to use the nForce IDE driver version V15.24 or your NF4-7

Performance Pack?

------------------------------

Your Reply

You can take them both. If you take my "Performance Pack", you might get a better performance.

-----------------------------

I have failed to get XP to installed

Using nLite I integrated the Sata drivers from the Sataraid folder in TextMode from your NF4-7 Powerpack

Burned a new disk.

After the loading of Setup info and the EULA I do not have a HD Disk to install on

I get 4 of the following

Unknown Disk

(There is no disk in this drive)

Which I assume are my USB ports.

Next using nLite I integrated the IDE drivers from the Sata_IDE folder in TextMode from your NF4-7 Powerpack

I got the same result (NO HD seen and 4 Unknown Disk)

I repeated the above by Integrating with PnP instead of TextMode, but got the same result.

Additional BIOS info.

The "Sata Mode Select" option shows [Raid Mode] but is grayed out and can not be changed.

When I drill down from the "nVidia RAID Setup" option, I go to a screen that has

SATA1 [Disabled]

SATA2 [Disabled]

SATA3 [Disabled]

SATA4 [Disabled]

I changed SATA2 to Enabled, saved and rebooted. (SATA2 is the target Drive for XP, SATA1 has Vista on it)

During the reboot I now had an option to press F9 to go to the MediaShield setup screen. I did, but did

not change anything as I did not know what to change and was worried I might lose Vista.

When I did re boot into Vista I went to Computer>Manage>Disk Management and the 2nd Hard Drive was no longer visible.

Do you have anymore suggestions as to what I can try next, or see what mistakes I'm making?

Once again, thanks for your help.

@ jdfox:

Thanks for giving detailed informations. I am sorry, that I didn't check, that you have already posted your desktop name before.

It is not easy to help you, because you obviously got the computer with the preinstalled Vista and didn't make your current RAID and BIOS settings yourself.

Since Vista's Device Manager shows a "NVIDIA nForce RAID Controller", the associated S-ATA hdd has been set to RAID mode. What I cannot understand is the fact, that

a ) your 2 hdd's obviously are not combined to a real RAID0 or RAID1 array (which would make sense) and

b ) the "SATA Mode select" BIOS option has been disabled for all S-ATA ports (maybe this is the reason, why the "RAID mode" setting is greyed out.

Using nLite I integrated the Sata drivers from the Sataraid folder in TextMode from your NF4-7 Powerpack
What do you mean with "I integrated the Sata drivers"? You should have integrated both devices/drivers, which had the suffix "(required)", when you got the textmode popup window.
RAIDCLASS = "NVIDIA RAID CLASS DRIVER (required)"
BUSDRV = "NVIDIA nForce Storage Controller (required)"

Before I am going to give you any further suggestions, I want to know, if you really want to stick with the current S-ATA settings (RAID enabled, but without the creation of any array).

By the way: You hopefully know, that you will not be able to boot into Vista after having successfully installed Windows XP (reason: the XP installation will distroy the Vista bootloader). As a consequence you will have to rebuild the Vista bootloader anyway after having completed the XP installation. You can do it by booting off the Vista DVD and repairing the bootloader or doing it by running a tool like EasyBCD from within Windows XP.

Edited by Fernando 1

@ jdfox:

Thanks for giving detailed informations. I am sorry, that I didn't check, that you have already posted your desktop name before.

It is not easy to help you, because you obviously got the computer with the preinstalled Vista and didn't make your current RAID and BIOS settings yourself.

Since Vista's Device Manager shows a "NVIDIA nForce RAID Controller", the associated S-ATA hdd has been set to RAID mode. What I cannot understand is the fact, that

a ) your 2 hdd's obviously are not combined to a real RAID0 or RAID1 array (which would make sense) and

b ) the "SATA Mode select" BIOS option has been disabled for all S-ATA ports (maybe this is the reason, why the "RAID mode" setting is greyed out.

What do you mean with "I integrated the Sata drivers"? You should have integrated both devices/drivers, which had the suffix "(required)", when you got the textmode popup window.

I did include both

Before I am going to give you any further suggestions, I want to know, if you really want to stick with the current S-ATA settings (RAID enabled, but without the creation of any array).

By the way: You hopefully know, that you will not be able to boot into Vista after having successfully installed Windows XP (reason: the XP installation will distroy the Vista bootloader). As a consequence you will have to rebuild the Vista bootloader anyway after having completed the XP installation. You can do it by booting off the Vista DVD and repairing the bootloader or doing it by running a tool like EasyBCD from within Windows XP.

I fixed the Boot issue with a Vista Restore/Repair DVD since I could not run any Windows PGM to run EasyBCD

Fernando,

Update on my progress

I have used nLite to create a number of CD's

Here are the results

In all cases I used nLite to integrate both Raid Required options as TextMode

and the IDE Driver as PnP

Here are the different sources for the Drivers I used.

Case 1 (I used the following from your summary)

A. Preparation for the WHQL driver integration method

Here are the links to the 32bit packages, usable for XP, W2k and W2k3:

32bit nForce SATARAID drivers v.6.99 WHQL and 32bit nForce SATA_IDE drivers v.6.99 WHQL.

Case 2 (From a link you gave me)

Fernandos_XP_32bit_NF4-7_Performance_Pack_v5.0.zip

Case 3 (From nVidia Driver download)

20.08_nforce_winxp32_international_whql.exe (Version 10.3.0.42)

For both Case 1 & 2 I do not see the Hard Drive as an Option to install on.

I get the list of Unknown Disk.

For Case 3 I do see all of the Hard Disk and Partitions and I

can successfully install XP, unfortunately after the Windows logo appears

it reboots and repeats the rebooting process.

Unless you have any more suggestions of what I can try it seems I

will have to wait and hope that nVidia fixes the 20.08 Driver set.

I do apprecicate you patient help very much.

Jerry Fox

Edited by jdfox

@ jdfox:

As I just have checked, the modded nForce IDE drivers v9.99.09 of my "NF4-7 Performance Pack" do contain all HardwareID's of the nForce IDE drivers v10.3.0.42, which are part of NVIDIA's 15.23/15.24 and 20.08 driver sets. So I don't see any reason, why the v10.3.0.42 drivers did detect your hdd's and the v9.99.09 not.

Question:

Are you sure, that you have integrated the SATA_IDE driver folder as PnP driver?

I ask this, because the actual nForce SATA_IDE drivers contain a TXTSETUP.OEM file and nLite will automaticly enable the TEXTMODE option. You have to manually change it to PnP mode.

Recommendations:

1. Try to find out the reason for the endless reboots at the end of your test scenario "Case 3".
    You should hit F8 at reboot and choose the "Boot in safe mode" option. If you are able to run Windows XP this way, you may find the reason for your trouble within the Device Manager (yellow marks!).
    If you get a reboot again, hit F8 again and choose the "Don't reboot at system failure" option. This way you get the exact error message.
  2. Try to integrate just the SATARAID driver folder content of NVIDIA's driverpacks v15.23, 15.24 or 20.08 (they do contain exactly the same nForce IDE drivers) and - if you want - of my "NF4-7 Performance Pack" as TEXTMODE driver. Do not additionally integrate the SATA_IDE driver folder.

Good luck!

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1

@ jdfox:

As I just have checked, the modded nForce IDE drivers v9.99.09 of my "NF4-7 Performance Pack" do contain all HardwareID's of the nForce IDE drivers v10.3.0.42, which are part of NVIDIA's 15.23/15.24 and 20.08 driver sets. So I don't see any reason, why the v10.3.0.42 drivers did detect your hdd's and the v9.99.09 not.

Question:

Are you sure, that you have integrated the SATA_IDE driver folder as PnP driver?

I ask this, because the actual nForce SATA_IDE drivers contain a TXTSETUP.OEM file and nLite will automaticly enable the TEXTMODE option. You have to manually change it to PnP mode.

Recommendations:

1. Try to find out the reason for the endless reboots at the end of your test scenario "Case 3".
    You should hit F8 at reboot and choose the "Boot in safe mode" option. If you are able to run Windows XP this way, you may find the reason for your trouble within the Device Manager (yellow marks!).
    If you get a reboot again, hit F8 again and choose the "Don't reboot at system failure" option. This way you get the exact error message.
  2. Try to integrate just the SATARAID driver folder content of NVIDIA's driverpacks v15.23, 15.24 or 20.08 (they do contain exactly the same nForce IDE drivers) and - if you want - of my "NF4-7 Performance Pack" as TEXTMODE driver. Do not additionally integrate the SATA_IDE driver folder.

Good luck!

Fernando

Perhaps I have copied the wrong files from the IDE\WinXP\sataRaid folder in your Powerpack
Below is a list of the files I integrate using nLite
txtsetup.oem
nvrd32.sys
nvrd32.inf
nvraidco.dll
nvraid.cat
nvide.nvu
nvgts.sys
idecoi.dll
disk1

Below is a list of the files from the 20.08 Driver Pack folder IDE\WinXP\sataRaid folder
txtsetup.oem
nvrd32.sys
nvrd32.inf
NvRCoEnu.dll
NvRCoEng.dll
nvraidco.dll
nvraid.cat
nvide.nvu
nvgts.sys
disk1

Note that in the 20.08 pack there is no idecoi.dll and I added
NvRCoEnu.dll and NvRCoEng.dll out of not knowing if I need then or not.

I redid the cases but only with the sataRaid folder and TextMode
I got a repeat of what I did previously.
Your Powerpack and the v6.99 drivers do not see the Hard Drives.
The 20.08 drivers do see the hard drives.

When I create a CD using the 20.08 sataIDE Drivers I do not see the Hard drives.
I did it with both TextMode and PnP

Trying to go into Safe Mode during the XP reboots fails.
I can't even get into Safe Mode Repress Errors.

After using EasyBCD to set up a dual boot menu logon during Boot up, I do not even get a
chance to reboot. I get a message

1. Insert your windows install disk & restart your computer
2. Choose your language setting and click "Next"
3. Click Repair Your Computer.

If you do not have your disk con tack your sys admin.

File: \NTLDR

Info: The sleeted entry could not be loaded because the application
is missing or corrupt.

Unless this new info gives you any more insites I guess I'm at the end of my rope.

I once again thank you for your efforts.

If you are ever in the Hartford CT area let me know, I would be happy to take you out for dinner.

Jerry Fox

jdfox:

After having done a deeper look into my Performance Packs, I found the reason why they didn't work for you. The HardwareID's of your NVIDIA Controllers were within the INF files, but not within the TXTSETUP.OEM file.

As a consequence I have customized everything and I am very confident, that my updated "NF4-7 Performance Pack v5.0a" do support your nForce chipset too.

Here is the download link of the 32bit version for Windows XP: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mgzlj2jyiiz

Good luck!

Fernando

jdfox:

After having done a deeper look into my Performance Packs, I found the reason why they didn't work for you. The HardwareID's of your NVIDIA Controllers were within the INF files, but not within the TXTSETUP.OEM file.

As a consequence I have customized everything and I am very confident, that my updated "NF4-7 Performance Pack v5.0a" do support your nForce chipset too.

Here is the download link of the 32bit version for Windows XP: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mgzlj2jyiiz

Good luck!

Fernando

Fernando,

Thanks for not giving up yet.
I still do not see the Hard Drives when I boot up
using an Install CD with your updated sataRaid Driver integrated.

Below is some addition info

From the Readme file in the nVidia Vista 64 sataRaid Driver file

Applicable Part Numbers
GT4230m - 1015494R
GT5678 - 1015334R
GT5685E - 1015361R
MSI NVIDIA MCP73PV Motherboard - 4006273R

From the nvrd64.inf file the nVidia Vista 64 sataRaid Driver file (there is no txtsetup.oem file)

[NVIDIA.ntamd64]
%NVSTOR_DESC%=Crush11_Inst,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0266&CC_0104
%NVSTOR_DESC%=Crush11_Inst,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0267&CC_0104
%NVSTOR_DESC%=Crush11_Inst,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03F6&CC_0104
%NVSTOR_DESC%=Crush11_Inst,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_07F8&CC_0104
%NVSTOR_DESC%=Crush11_Inst,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0AD8&CC_0104

%NVRAID_DESC%=nvraid,SCSI\NVIDIA__Raid_Disk________
%NVRAID_DESC%=nvraid,SCSI\__NVIDIA_______Raid_Disk
%NVRAID_DESC%=nvraid,SCSI\NVIDIA__Raid_Disk_20_____
%NVRAID_DESC%=nvraid,SCSI\__NVIDIA____Raid_Disk_20
%NVRAID_BUS_DESC%=nvraidbus,*_NVRAIDBUS
%NVRAID_BUS_DESC%=nvraidbus,*NVRAIDBUS
%NVRAID_BUS_DESC%=nvraidbus,*NVRAID20

I compared the txtsetup.oem file in your Performance Pack to the same file in the 20.08 pack and
the only difference is

Your power pack has the following and 20.08 does not, so I'm sure that is not an issue
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_07B9", "nvgts" ; MCP72 RAID

In the [Files.scsi.RAIDCLASS] and [Files.scsi.BUSDRV] sections
The 20.08 pack has files that I assume are language files such as
dll = d1,NvRCoENU.dll
dll = d1,NvRCoAr.dll
dll = d1,NvRCoCs.dll
and the Performace Pack does not.

Any more thoughts?

JDFox

@ jdfox:

The additional HardwareID and the regional dll files do not effect the function of the driver, but any typo within the important parts of the INF and OEM files does it.

Thanks again for having your heads up and finding the typos. :thumbup

Regards

Fernando

EDIT:

Another idea: Run Vista, open the Device Manager and look for the HardwareID's of the devices NVIDIA nForce RAID Controller (within the "Storage Controllers" section) and "NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller" (either within the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" or "Storage Controllers" section).

You will get the HardwareID informations, if you right-click onto the device and the choose the "Properties" > "Details" > "Properties" > "HardwareID's" menue options. Do a screenshot or post the listed HardwareID's.

Edited by Fernando 1

@ jdfox:

The additional HardwareID and the regional dll files do not effect the function of the driver, but any typo within the important parts of the INF and OEM files does it.

Thanks again for having your heads up and finding the typos. :thumbup

Regards

Fernando

EDIT:

Another idea: Run Vista, open the Device Manager and look for the HardwareID's of the devices NVIDIA nForce RAID Controller (within the "Storage Controllers" section) and "NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller" (either within the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" or "Storage Controllers" section).

You will get the HardwareID informations, if you right-click onto the device and the choose the "Properties" > "Details" > "Properties" > "HardwareID's" menue options. Do a screenshot or post the listed HardwareID's.

Fernando,

Here are my Hardware IDs

For the "nVidia nForce RAID Controler"
ACPI\NVRAID20
*NVRAID20

For the "nVidia nForce Serial ATA Controller"
PC\VEN-10E&DEV-07F8&SUBSYS_01371025&REV_A2
PC\VEN-10E&DEV-07F8&SUBSYS_01371025
PC\VEN-10E&DEV-07F8&CC_010484
PC\VEN-10E&DEV-07F8&CC_0104

For the "Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller"
PC\VEN-10E&DEV-056C&SUBSYS_01371025&REV_A1
PC\VEN-10E&DEV-056C&SUBSYS_01371025
PC\VEN-10E&DEV-056C&CC_01018A
PC\VEN-10E&DEV-056C&CC_0101

Any help?

JD Fox

@ jdfox:

Thanks for the HardwareID's.

There is something curious about the HardwareID's of your "NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller". The "DEV-07F8" are the ones of the MCP73 RAID1 Controller, which is something else than the SATA Controller.

Please check the HardwareID's of the NVIDIA S-ATA Controller again.

By the way:

1. Have you already tried my updated nForce IDE drivers v9.99.09?

2. Please to not put your answer into a "CODE" box.

Regards

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1

@ jdfox:

Thanks for the HardwareID's.

There is something curious about the HardwareID's of your "NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller". The "DEV-07F8" are the ones of the MCP73 RAID1 Controller, which is something else than the SATA Controller.

Please check the HardwareID's of the NVIDIA S-ATA Controller again.

By the way:

1. Have you already tried my updated nForce IDE drivers v9.99.09?

2. Please to not put your answer into a "CODE" box.

Regards

Fernando

Fernando,

Yes I did try your updated Drivers with the addition of the MPC73 hardwareID.

I did not see any hard drives, just the unknown ones.

I made two different CD's as a check.

I am attaching the screen shot of the HardwareID for the ATA controller.

BTW When I downloaded the file 'Fernandos_XP_32bit_NF4-7_Performance_Pack_v5.0b.zip'

I got "Bad Zip File Offset" error in Winzip when I tried to extract the files, so I used the previous post with the : changed to a ;

post-217287-1226954445_thumb.jpg

@ jdfox:

Thank you for attaching the screenshot, which verifies, that you were right with the HardwareID's of the nForce S-ATA Controller.It's hard to believe, because all my papers show the DEV_07F8 as a RAID Controller and the DEV_07F8 is listed within the NVRD32.INF file (primarily responsable for the RAID driver) and not within the NVGTS.INF file, which is managing the installation of the S-ATA Controller driver.

Anyway this doesn't explain why your hdd's were detected by the IDE drivers of the 20.08 set, whereas the other nForce IDE drivers (of the 15.23 set and my "NF4-7 Performance Pack" didn't see them.

What I cannot understand is the fact, that only the nForce IDE driver version, which is part of NVIDIA's meanwhile pulled v20.08 driverpack, was able to detect your hard disk Controller.

I am rather unsure how to help you, since you have already tried all usefull combinations:

a ) integration of the SATA_IDE folder as TEXTMODE driver

b ) integration of the SATARAID folder as TEXTMODE driver

c ) integration of the SATARAID folder as TEXTMODE and additionally the SATA_IDE folder as PnP driver.

Another idea:

Download this package, unzip it and integrate the SATARAID folder into XP by using nLite and try to install XP.

The package contains the native nForce S-ATA and RAID drivers v9.99.09, but all other files are taken from the 20.08 package, which obviously has been usable for you.

If your hdd's should been detected, but the setup ends with endless reboots again, do the following:

1. After the Setup failure boot into Vista (by the way: how did you get it running again?) and look into the partition, where you have tried to get XP installed.

2. Open the WINDOWS directory and search for the files named SETUPERR.LOG and SETUPAPI.LOG.

3. Open the SETUPERR.LOG file with the editor and look, if you see any entries.

4. If you should find a file named SETUPAPI.LOG, zip it and upload it to RapidShare. I will have a look into it.

Good night!

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1

@ jdfox:

Thank you for attaching the screenshot, which verifies, that you were right with the HardwareID's of the nForce S-ATA Controller.It's hard to believe, because all my papers show the DEV_07F8 as a RAID Controller and the DEV_07F8 is listed within the NVRD32.INF file (primarily responsable for the RAID driver) and not within the NVGTS.INF file, which is managing the installation of the S-ATA Controller driver.

Anyway this doesn't explain why your hdd's were detected by the IDE drivers of the 20.08 set, whereas the other nForce IDE drivers (of the 15.23 set and my "NF4-7 Performance Pack" didn't see them.

What I cannot understand is the fact, that only the nForce IDE driver version, which is part of NVIDIA's meanwhile pulled v20.08 driverpack, was able to detect your hard disk Controller.

I am rather unsure how to help you, since you have already tried all usefull combinations:

a ) integration of the SATA_IDE folder as TEXTMODE driver

b ) integration of the SATARAID folder as TEXTMODE driver

c ) integration of the SATARAID folder as TEXTMODE and additionally the SATA_IDE folder as PnP driver.

Another idea:

Download this package, unzip it and integrate the SATARAID folder into XP by using nLite and try to install XP.

The package contains the native nForce S-ATA and RAID drivers v9.99.09, but all other files are taken from the 20.08 package, which obviously has been usable for you.

If your hdd's should been detected, but the setup ends with endless reboots again, do the following:

1. After the Setup failure boot into Vista (by the way: how did you get it running again?) and look into the partition, where you have tried to get XP installed.

2. Open the WINDOWS directory and search for the files named SETUPERR.LOG and SETUPAPI.LOG.

3. Open the SETUPERR.LOG file with the editor and look, if you see any entries.

4. If you should find a file named SETUPAPI.LOG, zip it and upload it to RapidShare. I will have a look into it.

Good night!

Fernando

Fernando,

I downloaded the nForce_IDE_99909_special file and created a new install CD after

integrating the sataraid files.

Once again the Hard Disk are not seen.

What exactly are the nvgts.sys and nvrd32.sys files?

I want to make sure I have communicated correctly.

You say "What I cannot understand is the fact, that only the nForce IDE driver version, which is part of NVIDIA's meanwhile pulled v20.08 driverpack, was able to detect your hard disk Controller."

I'm not sure what you mean, but I repeat.

An install disk made by integrating the 20.08 sataraid files in text mode sees the Hard Disk

Also an install disk made by integrating the 20.08 sataraid files in text mode

and also the sataide files in PnP sees the Hard Disk

I did look at the Setuperr.log file on my 20.08 XP install and it was empty.

I looked at the SetupAPI.log but since I do not know what to look for that was useless.

Since XP was installed, the hard disk was seen, so are the storage drivers really the issue with

reboot after reboot or is it possible that other drivers that I have failed to install are needed

since I am only slipstreaming the sataRaid Drivers? It reboots immeadiate after the XP logo appears.

Is that an old nVidia problem or a new one?

As for how I recovered Vista after losing the Boot Record

I followed the instructions in the following link to Make a Vista Recovery DVD

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/141820-c...overy-disc.html

I downloaded the nVidia Storage Drivers for my PC from Gateway

I put them on a Jump Drive

Booted from the Vista Recovery DVD

Since the nVidia drivers were not on my Recovery DVD no hard disk was seen.

hence no OS, but it let me browse for drivers.

I put the Jump drive in a USB port and loaded the drivers.

The hard drive and OS was now seen so I did a repair and got my Vista boot back.

Perhaps I will just have to give up on dual booting unless nVidia makes a new release

that solves my problem.

You have gone way beyond anything I could expect in terms of help.

Thank You Very Much,

Jerry Fox

I downloaded the nForce_IDE_99909_special file and created a new install CD after

integrating the sataraid files.

Once again the Hard Disk are not seen.

Ok, thanks for having tested it.
What exactly are the nvgts.sys and nvrd32.sys files?
The NVGTS.SYS is the name of the AHCI capable 32bit nForce S-ATA driver, the NVRD32.SYS file is the 32bit nForce RAID driver. All other files within the SATARAID and SATA_IDE driver folders are information files (with the extention .INF and .OEM) or co-installer files (with the extension .DLL).
I want to make sure I have communicated correctly.

You say "What I cannot understand is the fact, that only the nForce IDE driver version, which is part of NVIDIA's meanwhile pulled v20.08 driverpack, was able to detect your hard disk Controller."

I'm not sure what you mean, but I repeat.

An install disk made by integrating the 20.08 sataraid files in text mode sees the Hard Disk

Also an install disk made by integrating the 20.08 sataraid files in text mode

and also the sataide files in PnP sees the Hard Disk

That's hard to believe.

I am trying to explain:

1. If you are using RAID (RAID enabled within the BIOS), you have to integrate the SATARAID driver folder as textmode driver. Maybe it's needed to additionally integrate the SATA_IDE driver folder as PnP driver, but the SATA_DE drivers alone wouldn't work with these BIOS settings.
  2. Other option: If the hdd containing the active partition (with MBR/bootloader) is set to "AHCI mode", you have to integrate the SATA_IDE driver folder as textmode. The SATARAID drivers are not able to detect the hdd drives, which are set to AHCI within the BIOS.

I did look at the Setuperr.log file on my 20.08 XP install and it was empty.

I looked at the SetupAPI.log but since I do not know what to look for that was useless.

If you want, try it again and upload the SETUPAPI.LOG file. Maybe I will find the reason for your troubles by having a look into that file.
Since XP was installed, the hard disk was seen, so are the storage drivers really the issue with

reboot after reboot or is it possible that other drivers that I have failed to install are needed

since I am only slipstreaming the sataRaid Drivers? It reboots immeadiate after the XP logo appears.

Is that an old nVidia problem or a new one?

Although I do not yet know, what happened during your XP installation, the scenario (RAID has been successfully detected by the OS Setup, but the installation fails at last reboot) is not new for me.

The common reason is the fact, that the Windows Setup do not trust the nForce S-ATA drivers. That is why the installation routine likes to replace the previously already loaded and successfully used nForce S-ATA driver by the wrong generic MS IDE drivers. During the hardware integration part of the Setup it installs at least the wrong "Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller" instead of the needed "NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller". Bad consequence: The user gets a BSOD at last reboot.

Tip: You are able to see the exact error message, if you hit F8 while rebooting and choose the "Don't reboot at system failure" option.

Regards

Fernando