"Not enough storage is available to process this c

when i try to copy email messages from outlook to a network share, i get the following error. "Not enough storage is available to process this command"

All the permission and quota limits are fine. Any idea?

Ok a couple of suggestions (probably useless but worth a shot)

1) is the file very large and your computers RAM very small. You mite have overstretched the RAM and the page file during copying and run out of resourses. Unlikely but just an idea.

2) Do you have Outlook open when copying the file. I have a backup program that throws all sorts of errors if I try and copy the Outlook .pst file while outlook is open.

Other than that I'm out of idea, sorry.

What is this message coming from...

are we talking outlook pst to network folder...

outlook pst to a network pst file...

exchange to pst...

exchange to network file..

What are you saving the file as on the network..

how big is the file

What version of outlook are you using..

Lot of questions i know.. just trying to get some more insight

• 10 months later...

You could try renaming key files like "Outcmd.dat, Extend.dat and FrmCache.dat", it helped or me but this solution is also used to fix many other bugs in outlook... I found it worked for the most part but there must be a better answer and I’ll keep hunting it down...

Some have suggested altering memory allocation, etc... I think this is over kill... i used to be able to do certain things and this stoped all of a sudden... one commonality is exchange... but I was able to eliminate this and still...

How much kernel paged pool and kernel nonpaged pool memory do you have available on your Exchange server when you see this error? Remember, Windows userland knows nothing about RAM, only virtual address space - if you're getting this error, you're likely out of virtual address space in the kernel nonpaged or kernel paged pool resource pools. You can get a rough idea by running perfmon and checking the memory counters Pool Nonpaged Bytes, Pool Paged Bytes, Free System Page Table Entries, and the Private and Virtual bytes counters for the store.exe process in the Process counters.

Are you using the /3GB or /PAE options in your boot.ini file on the Exchange server? If so, why?

Hmm, maybe a silly question, but what version of outlook are you using?

One of my workplaces are still using 98 and this message is their main problem with oulook. They gave up on resolving the error tho and just reinstall when it occures.

You might want to make a search on technet and see what they say about it if the info is still available. If the problem is on a newer client you might want to check the eventviewer and check the eventid on technet or eventid.net.

Zar

when i try to copy email messages from outlook to a network share, i get the following error. "Not enough storage is available to process this command"

All the permission and quota limits are fine. Any idea?

Your pagefile may not be big enough. (but usually only if it was very small, like if you set it under 32 MB)

Oh, one other thing I failed to mention. If this is Outlook 2003 w/SP1, you should install the Post-SP1 rollup patch - 839629. There were some memory-leak related fixes in there, and this does fit the criteria.

839629: Description of the Outlook 2003 post-Service Pack 1 hotfix package: August 21, 2004

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;EN-US;839629