Using Nlite-Can't find I386 dir on CD

pecan204

Hello,

I am trying to follow the Nlite directions to make a bootable cd.

I need some help

The directions state to use clean installation disks. I assume that is a restore CD that came with the notebook?

In stepping through the directions there is a prompt to make sure you have selected the I386 folder but there is no viewable folder. I do see .GHS and >GHO files.

Are there an alternative directions?

Thanks

Try getting your hands on something called ghost explorer or -viewer.

I think that's what the handy utility is called. It's some program from Symantec to browse Ghost images, which those .GHO files are.

If you have a Ghost installation cd at hand it should be available in some of the extras on the cd ...

Hope you get along ...

Greets

Jacob.

The disk nlite needs is either a "retail", "upgrade", "OEM" disk.... not a restore diak. This is because of the inconsistancies that manufacurers have when making a cd/dvd.

For example... your restore disk ia a compressed Ghost image. the only way to "look" at the contents is to get a ghost explorer program (either from Symantec or other source).... unfortunatly this will not help with nlite....

Ghosting a HDD is the prosses of imaging the ENTIRE dirve... ALL programs, drivers, issues.... this prossess will erase your entire drive and restore to the factory state you first turned it on. This is the reason nlite WILL NOT work. Sorry.