MultiBoot DVD Won't boot on real system !

My MultiBoot DVD created from the flykites site has a problem, when i mount it from the winimage software and run it on Virtual Pc it works fine, but on a real system it fails to Boot and gives me an error "81002F9" Error booting CD/DVD drive, what could be the problem ?

The Same DVD works fine on virtual PC but dosent boot on a real system, the "real" system i refer to here is the same system which also has Virtual Pc Installed.

HELP !!!

it never hurts to resave the image with a fresh injection of whatever loader.bin file you use, Resetting the defaults in the bios has solved a related issue for me once or twice. Also if you go inside your pc a lot. Dbl chk the ide cable, it may be loose.

Probably bad media.  Try a different brand of DVD's.  I've had some strange problems that get cleared up by simply changing media brands.

I dont think its bad media or the IDE cable is not into place properly. I think its something else, otherwise how do you explain the same media booting properly under Virtual PC , whereas not booting on the same system which hosts the Virtual PC software ? In both cases I used the same DVD drive to read the disc, in one case it worked and in another case it didnt, I think its a CD Shell Problem, I have used the old Diskemu very well without any problems before....I think I should get back to it, since this CD Shell software acts very weirdly

You did read what you wrote... right....

I dont think its bad media or the IDE cable is not into place properly. I think its something else, otherwise how do you explain the same media booting properly under Virtual PC , whereas not booting on the same system which hosts the Virtual PC software ?

That is EXACTLY the reason...

• 2 weeks later...

Might be a DVD read or BIOS problem.

Some older PC BIOS/DVD combination do not support DVD boot and/or boot to DVD with >2GB image

Try the boot DVD disc on another PC, preferrably a newer model.

eg. my older A7N266VM desktop would not boot one DVD while my newer Dell 700M laptop boots the same DVD just fine.

Turned out that if I used a different DVDR or DVDROM drive with the same DVD boot disc on the A7N266VM, it will boot properly.

Edited by thrunner