windows XPSP2 taskbar hungs

Nepali

what is the prblem with my windows XP sp2

whenever my windows boots , the taskbar get hung

mouse pointer becomes busy when i point to the taskbar but work normally in the desktop

if i press ctrl + alt + del and end task "explorer.exe" and reload "explorer.exe"from new task

then every thing becomes fine

no any third party softwaers are installed

it is a fresh installation

Hmm what kind of internet do you have? Have you tried creating a new network connection and noticed this problem after that? Because that happens in XP when uhh you use your computer to dial up the dsl internet. I think there is an inherent prob wiht XP where if the network hangs kinda then everything will hang for a little bit...since explorer is so **** integrated into the os....so my question to you is do you use your computer to dialup a broadband connection?

Hi,

i had the same problem when i installed SP2 first. Turned out that i had enabled some restrictions in the Local Security Settings - but unfortunately never really found out which setting was responsible for that behavior.

Setting back the Local Security Settings to defaults (took a look at another fresh installed machine) solved the problem for me.

Egon

Edited by egrath

a fresh installation ? how can i do that? i am here for the solution??

for abt internet connection

i don't use internet connection in the PC in any means

it is a Personal computer without internet connection

Hi,

i've gotten rid of the problem, setting back my local security settings to something more standard than the settings i previously used. Below are my current settings, maybe they are helpful for you (if your problem occurs from the same source as mine was).

Egon

post-57416-1121080502_thumb.png