CD-ROM error message

kaming

Hi I have a error message when I insert a CD to the cdrom drive, this CD is sent by the auther for trial. The message "Windows cannot read from this disk.The disk might be corrupted,or it could be using a format that is not compatible with windows" I tried some burn cdrs which I have burn sometimes ago it also could not read it. At times it shaows the burn data capacity (MB.) but it cannot be seen or open. I have burn a new cdr with Samsung cdrw writer it also could not open although it show the burn data size. I could see the data using Ultra ISO. My OS win xp pro, P3. 1GHZ. I do hope someone can help me out. Thanks.

have you tried popping that CD into a different computer to see if it could read the cd?

some cd-rom drives just can't read CD-Rs, or had limited support for CD-R reading

have you tried popping that CD into a different computer to see if it could read the cd?

some cd-rom drives just can't read CD-Rs, or had limited support for CD-R reading

Thanks for your reply yes it could play in another computer. I wish to know what is the best configuration in the IDE cable, at present my setup is pri.master >80GB. hdd, Pri. slave> cd-rw writer,Sec.master> drive taken out as I am not using,only for backup and it is a drawer type tray I do not know what you call that) Sec.slave>cdrom. If you think I need to set up in a different setting please let me know. Please note all drive are in slave in the jumper clip.