please insert cd-rom labelled windows 2000

Ok so i tried to setup an unattended install CD and I made the iso fired up virtual pc the disc ran then said please insert the cd-rom labelled windows 2000 into drive A: anyone come across this error or know what could be causing this?

Any help is appreciated.

Root files are missing in ur CD/ISO

what are the root files ?

root files are those files which are included in ur original 2000 CD along with i386 folder

eg

support

win*.*

autorun*.*

setup*.*

sp*.*

support

docs

etc

try including all files as in original CD

You need to make sure the following files are located in the root of the CD/DVD:

Win2000 Pro:

CDROM_IP.5

CDROM_NT.5

CDROMSP?.TST

You could have multiple versions of the CDROMSP?.TST file, depending on what service pack it came with by default. For example, CDROMSP1.TST, CDROMSP2.TST, etc. They all have to be on the root of the disc. You could also try reading the guide from the link below. It will explain what files are needed on the root of the disc.

http://flyakite.msfnhosting.com/

Edited by Jito463

Ah superb! absoloute diamond ran it in Virtual PC ran flawlessly apart from asking to press a button right at the end? ah well sure i can figure this one out! now just to try and slipstream outlook into this now and a few other drivers and it should be all done.

Anyone know how to get rid of the "press any key to boot from cd" thing so it just runs...?

Not advised...

if you deleted it, everytime the system starts with the CD in the drive, it will boot to setup, and since the CD has to be in the drive for the second part of setup, it will never get there since it will go back into txtmode setup (the blue screens)