MS Otlook setup via GPO

Hi,

Is there any way to configure and setup Ms Outlook 2003 by using Group policy or by using batch file to edit registry.

I just wane configure Ms Outlook 2003 to the client pc's either by GPO or by registry tweak. We have Exchange 20003 server.

Download the Office 2003 Resource kit here

http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/e...16a296a/ork.exe

after you install this you can do it one of 2 ways... either deploy Office or outlook by using the custom installation wizard and deploying the software through group policy

or

After you install this, it give you administrative templates you can use which i beleive get stored in c:\windows\inf.... just open the template and configure it from there...

Okay,,,,

The First method ...........I didn't tried because we have almost 1000+ PC's and all have office 2003 installed and Ms outlook is configured for receiving mails form our exchange 2003 server and is working fine ( not all are configured for email). If I reload the GPO Software package by using a new transform file (like .MST or .CMW or .PRF) any problem? I didn't tried Because ..........Bosses :realmad:

For the New Branch I am using this Method.... :thumb up

Secondly if you are talking about administrative templates outlk11.adm, then How do and where I configure that and put my information in it .How to edit this according to my needs … Any guide for this and how to apply on GPO. I remember a year before by using administrative templates for disabling the CD, Floppy and USB through GPO, in the night I loose my control (may be my ignorance)…….. Crazy man..

Plese help me....

I have gone through all these…..

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-1860006.php

http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/wind...templates..html

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistan...1364241033.aspx

All you need to do is open up the group policy management console then right click on administrative templates and choose outlk11.adm.. then you will just navigate to Administrative templates-> Microsoft Office -> Outlook(or office outlook) then choose the settings you are looking for.

as for applying them.. it is best of you configure these per computer and not per user as the "Deploy through group policy" method configures based on computer settings and my opinion is that is the best way(unless you have special needs)

you will want to apply this GPO to the OU that contains just the computers you want this configured on... if there are more computers in the OU than just the ones you are configureing it on then just create a group account like say SS_Office_Pro_2003(this is what I use... SS=Software Settings, SI=Software Installation ... blah blah blah) and add all the necessary computers to that group. go to security filtering on the OU and REMOVE authenticated users and add SS_Office_Pro_2003..

To test, go to one of the comptuers (prefer winXP cause it gives you an answer) and type it GPupdate /force , if the setting was applied correctly it will say do you want to reboot or log off now.. hit yes... if it doesn't then just restart anyways cause the comptuer needs to find its New group membership

Hi,,,,

Sorry for late............

I totally understand all the steps You mentioned about .adm files and have done all these many times before I post the topic to the forum. But My Problem is How Can I specify our Exchange Server Name and The corresponding User Name (I mean %username%) in This OUTLK11.adm .or In the GPO| User Configuration| Administrative Tools |Microsoft Office Outlook2003|?????? (Under which option I can specify username and Exchange server name).

Like If you Run Ms Office Custom Installation Wizard (.MST or .CMW) at 17/24 if you select Modify Profile ,18/24 You will get an option called Configure An Exchange Server connection , here you can Specify the username (%Username%) and Your Exchange Server name +++.

Help me……… Please

Your Deploying method and Group creation are good and it makes sense. And I like that logic..

I am Goooooooooooooooooooooooole@@@@@@@@@@@@@@.... :P

Hi!

The way WE do it, is that we create an MST file using ORK.

The MST file contains the all the setup information.

Using AD Group Policy simply add the MST file when you create your Office deployment policy

One thing to remember though! You HAVE to add the MST file at the same time as you create the Office Software policy, as you cannot add modifications to it later. ( don’t ask me why - its just not possible)

We use this method to deploy Office 2003 to our 400 users.

And by the way - REMEMBER to configure your MST file, so that it will install EVERY subcomponent of the programs you whish to deploy - or a mobile user may find him/herself in troubled situation, when disconnected from the network and Office attempts to install a needed subcomponent.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Edited by prey