Acknowledgement Card, Please!

Yesterday , i was installing My UACD with the latest modifications that i seemed to include inside it. Installation ran fine, and finally at the Cleanup-Cum-Reboot stage, as usual, Shutdown.exe alerted me that the machine is going to reboot in 60 secs. I waited for these 60 secs, passing every second 1 by 1, staring at the window. Then, suddenly i thought, can we members, not be able to use these 60 secs in an intelleigent, artistic, and faithfull way? Then came this irritating idea in my mind.

Is it possible to run an acknowledgement card moving vertically upward in a manner and pattern that we see used in movies and Games? A black screen of credits having information about how an individual members' Project is enriched by other members who helped him sitting lands and oceans away? What i want to say is, as a very senior member of International Institute of Dacoits, i am clever enough to steal, literally, efforts of others and pack into my UACD. Yeah, i want to remind myself of their efforts everytime those 60 secs are counted. In this forum, every member is helped by every other member in every other possible way. Is it not a fitting tribute to those who helped a particular UACD Project of a member. My problem is that i've the memory of an elephant. i still remember each and every member by their forum name whose advice and code is embedded in my UACD project.

I hope you understand my point. An acknowledgement screen as the last part of things happening will be the fitting tribute that we all can give to all of us.

if anybody finds it worthful, we can elaborate it further.

Thanks, for this long reading. :yes:

Thats a good idea.

How about a flash movie compiled as an exe that you called before the shutdown command?

I think you can make strings in a text file and the flash links to them dynamically.

So for example, the credits would roll up, and the variables you made in the text files come up in the credits.

If you like the idea I can make a basic one, that lasts for say 50 seconds, then the shutdown command closes it as the workstation shuts down right?

@Fritz Saxi,

Thanks for your kind response. We'll be grateful to you if you start compiling the flash movie. You are right, content of the movie should be dynamic as credits for members is really a preferential choice, so it must get feedback from a seperate text file. Until Now, only you came up in favour of this idea,but, i know in the end a lot of people will appreciate the flash movie. I mean APPRECIATION=INCORPORATION!!!

One point though. i realise the text file would be complex, as i also want some input about the person to be acknowledged to be incorporated into the movie... some sort of introducing little bit of info about a person. I want it specially because after roaming through this forum i've got a lot of experience about a members' antics, what they do for living and from where they hail, etc.

You've to guide us with the model Text file also.

Let's GO!

===MOON

2Maverick

I'm not bored at all, at least not my brain. I don't know what you think about this Forum a.k.a MSFN, and i don't know how do you pursue this forum search. I can tell My philosophy only! And that's it:

By god's grace, all of us got our hand into something which is made and conceptualized by Microsoft. And their product is pretty good,if not brilliant, at doing what it was intended to do. Then why and for what we are roaming through this forum? MSFN as a forum is, of course to me, a platform where every passenger and every passerby only computes and disputes; where every discussion by members about Bill Gates' products are centered around Linus Torvalds' Dogma. Here what you leave behind is always paid back to you by someone who pays even remaining as distant as our North Pole is from our South Pole. Don't you feel our interactions has enriched ourselves so much that we get a chance to shower mutual respect towards each other? And if you agree, don't you agree everybody's UACD-ROM is the ideal place to digitize that? I'm here not only to take but also to give, and if not giving something is possible because of some reason, then i should acknowledge what i got and from whom.

But, Maverick, this "boring" idea came to my mind not because of what i said right now. It is because we already have passed the starting of this bootable cd-rom in hands of Microsoft, that's a binding upon us. What ever we members done for this project is beginning after the beginning by Microsoft. Those 60 secs i really felt embarrassed that the ending also belongs to the ALMIGHTY. Why should it be? It should die its death, at our hands, peacefully, joviously and of course, silently. That should be its destiny. Do you agree? it's your choice, and if disagree, then it's simply Maverick's Choice. isn't it? :)

@Fritz Saxi

It's working? Voila!! Meet you tonight Fritz. Good Luck.

====MOON

Edited by MOONLIGHT SONATA

I think i'll release two versions tonight.

When i thought more about the strings in the text file, i realised that if you want to do anything more than write in white text at size 30, you can't.

So I'm gonna make a second version where you can write your own HTML tags in the notepad, which are dynamically entered into the Flash movie.

More on that tonight anyway.

Edited by Fritz_Saxi

I think it's a great idea. My question is, will a flash movie run at stage or will it be an executable? It really is a good idea for using that interval and it would look professional, too. I like it. :o)

I think it's a great idea. My question is, will a flash movie run at stage or will it be an executable? It really is a good idea for using that interval and it would look professional, too. I like it. :o)

as moonlight sonata said and as i understand, in your cleanup batch file, you would cue it up when you send the shutdown command.

2 DonDamm

Thanks for your gesture as well as your interest. Well, the flash movie, as suggested by Fritz, is going to be in EXE format with textual contribution from a TXT file. It will run before Shutdown.exe, and go into oblivion with shutdown.exe. I mean...Gone in 60 Secs...Simple.

Watch this space for Fritzs' post. i'll be glad if you also test the Fritz file along with me.

=====MOON

Righto, Maverick and other willing testers check out this, and see what you think,

http://dc1.4shared.com/file/64370/fe19a68d/flashcredits.html

It's a pretty basic idea so far, the projector starts in fullscreen, and scrolls up the text, which you can edit in the html.txt file. You can use basic tags like font and center text, as you'll be able to see. As a test i've made it so that the projector closes itself after about 50 something seconds, which gives time for loading as well as clearing up any possible shutdown conflicts

Post any thoughts,

Thanks

@Fritz,

Downloading right now. Can only comment upon it tomorrow. It's already 15 mins past 2 AM. My brain needs rest to give some amazing feedback to you. Pardon me, thanks a lot for your effort tonight.

I can only leave forum if you grant permission of departure. Please sign with a post, Mate.

===MOON