TC!

aktivedesign

Oops...didnt mean to start a whole new thread, but n/m, anyone knows if all this is actually true:

Click here

A computer that lets other computers pry through your personal things and delete anything it deems unacceptable...surely not?

That would have to be the death of windows, micrsoft itself and most of the other companies involved i think.

Surely I have misunderstodd something or that page is wrong.... :}

Edited by aktivedesign

Looks like you misunderstand TC thing :) It is mostly Microsoft activity - they wanted to start with this concept in LongHorn, however they could implement only a small portion of it :(

The hoax that it was implemented for DRM is ABSOLUTELY wrong.

<wipes sweat from brow> phew...

Thanks martin.

But does this mean that eventually say in the OS after longhorn this will or could be fully implemeted like in that artcile meaning that your computer would actually dlete software and files it found to be pirated....?

Hi,

most of the people thing about TPM is used soley for the purpose for the sake of DRM Protected Media content. But you have to look at both sides of the medaillion, the TPM can also be used for useful things:

*) Protecting Company internal content from getting out of the company

*) Protecting your PGP Key

*) and so on...

A few weeks ago their where a nice article about the bright sides of the TPM - it's not just a bad thing like most people thing - Microsoft makes it a bad thing when fully implemented.

See:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/trousers

http://www.bsi.de/sichere_plattformen/trus.../praxis_oss.htm (german only)

Bye, Egon

that would be crap tho, if you actually bought hundreds of songs and then stopped paying rent for the media player, then the songs would be gone

also, that thing about documents created using rented software being made unreadable once the contract wasn't renewed also would be crap.

all companies like microsoft would have to do would be to make a program like Office so affordable that all computer manufacturers would pay to put it on their computers would make microsoft so dominant it wouldn't be right.

For $50, I'd put it on every system I sell, even if it did only include word, outlook and excel

can somebody please slap bill gates upside the head with that idea?