xp sp2 install disc

midas

hey guys,

i am a road tech and often need to install sp2 onto client's machines

right now i run it off of a cd-r:

i have extracted all of the files from the network install (WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe)

it's about 327MB after that

I also have a cmd script with this

@\i386\update\update.exe /passive /n

so, it has no prompts and no backup (if something goes wrong, it probably is needed to be reformated anyways)

I am looking for a way to streamline this process by alot more (hotfixes mostly)

I have seen autopatcher xp, but it contains several things (even in the lite version) that I dont feel comfortable putting on a customers machine

i was also thinking of decompresing all of the dl_ and ex_ and etc, but when i run expand, it keeps behind the original

any ideas?

no, I'm sorry, I am looking to improve my service pack disc, not integration

I need to be able to install SP2 on XP machines in the field (not reinstalling), and hopefully hotfixes and some other features too.

heh, well, thats how I currently do it, (except for dist over network, cause I actually work)

but I have to deal with many computers that are quite slow (bogged down with apps) and have a tight schedule

Is there a way change what autopatcher installs on a machine or a way to make ones own service pack for xp?

Just a thought.... What if you made a sp2 disk... integrated the hot fixes..... then boot from the cd... and on the install page.... hit "r" for a repair....

Worked for me, and I used it on 47 machines..... Instead of using the sp2 patch, then all of the hot fixes after.... time to finish repair is faster that previous method.

Plus it has kept Domain settings... at least for me it did....