VB Script to Compare Serial Number

@ All Programmers

I work in this forum's Unattended Windows XP CD Project. Recently, i got interested in trying to protect any UAXPCD from unauthorised use, because of unsolicited copying and distributing to all those who get it totally free , the project implementator's huge effort goes into ashtray.

I came with an idea of checking BIOS release date and time("time" parameter is crucial, as it acts as Unique ID), coupled with Motheboard serial number. Such checking allways restricts unauthorized copying. My idea is as follows:

1> There'll be a master file in side the CD which will contain the above noted informations as the Passmark for authentication. From the same file i wish to check this info with the system generated same set of parameters. If checking results in success, the script will silently allow installation. If it fails, then the script will go to delete the NTLDR from C:\ and restarts the machine without displaying anything to the pirate!

2> I wish the script to be VB Script and it will do SMBIOS/DMI query to extract BIOS release date+time+MoBo serial number. WMI class query, i've checked, doesn't always reveal BIOS time and MoBo S.N. for all motherboards. That's why i want to use DMI query for info extraction.

My Problem is i don't have that nuch knowledge in programming in order to write the code. All the UAXPCD project members will be gratefull to the code maker as the script will allow them to freely give it to others without even worrying about it being copied further.

Hope, you understood this layman's idea.

Thanks, in advance.

Well, first we should know what's the object and function to do "SMBIOS/DMI query to extract BIOS release" and if there is one at all.

It's impossible to find out unless somedy tell it to you.

Second to run VBScript WSH should be installed, then it would run after windows is already installed.

In case the password is not valid, the script could write a line in autoexec.bat that deltree the whole windows folder when the computer reboot (reformat require user confirmation but not deltree).