Shut up new hardware detected message

Hi all

Does anyone know of a workaround to this annoying situation

Scenario:

1) Used nLite to produce a customised XPSP2 install CD+drivers and hotfixes etc.

2) Create a "universal" sysprepped image that works on all our current hardware-

HP Deskpro EN, EVO500, EVO510, EVO530, DC7100 and maybe the 7600's when we get them.

3) "Universal" sysprepped image then copied to our Novell ZEN imaging server using PXE

Result:

We can now deploy the "universal" image to any PC on our network using PXE (provided PXE has been enabled in the bios) without having to visit or do anything after the image has been delivered. B)

Problem:

At the end of the sysprep.inf, I'm calling a runonceGUI script that installs the UPHcleaner, Novell Client plus ZENworks agent and Windows Messaging.

The problem is that on workstations that are different to the one I used to create the image (D530), part way through the script, a nice message appears saying that new hardware has been detected "Disk Drive" and the suggestion to the user is that they click YES to reboot the workstation. Trouble is, as this usually happens about ½ way through the Novell client install so if they did click YES, the workstation would be about as useful as a workstation with ½ a Novell client.

When this goes live to our 8000 users, we could try and educate them to just leave everything alone until they see the Novell login prompt. From past experience though, someone is bound to give into temptation and take the 'yes' pill.

Can the message be hidden or disabled, or if not, is there a way of just sending it to the back of the other windows?

Any views/tips/suggestions gratefully received

James

I'm not familiar at all with the installation of the Novell Client software, so I can't give you specific advice. Possibly if you provided a bit more information on the type of installer, someone here could give you a switch or help you create a transform or something of that sort.

The easy/cheap way out of this is with AutoIt. Use the WinWaitActive function to wait for the shutdown messagebox, then use ControlClick to click "No." You can find a lot of example scripts that you can easily modify for your purpose in the AutoIt Scripts Sticky.

User RunOnceEx instead of RunOnce and the explorer shell wont get started... BTW using images for this big network isnt happy solution, use bootimages for unattended isntallations instead. It is much faster and much more reliable solution. I got 99.1 % success with this solution (0,9% are HW malfunctions or stupid users, who unplug the computer)

I am having the exact problem when I use nLite, and it's really bad for me.

My solution so far has just been to stop using nLite. I can't figure out what the heck causes that thing to pop up, although I have since thought of a few things to try that I haven't had time to test out.

Good luck, though.