need help with runonce plz

Hey all great job your all doing, i'm a long time reader and first time poster i have done a lot of searching and while i can get most of it to work there are a few bits doing my head in anyhow just wondering if any of you GURU'S would have time to convert my batch file so i can use it as a runonce..thanks all

CLS
@echo off
TITLE Unattended XP

ECHO.
ECHO gonna take a while

ECHO.
ECHO Installing Adobe Reader 6 Full
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Adobe_Reader\AdbeRdr60_enu_full.exe -p"-s /v\"/qn\""

ECHO.
ECHO Installing Sun Java VM 1.4.2
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\SunJava\j2re-1_4_2_01-windows-i586.exe /s /v"/qn ADDLOCAL=jrecore IEXPLORER=1"

ECHO.
ECHO Installing Avg Anti-virus
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\avg\avg7.exe

ECHO.
ECHO Installing WinRAR 3.20
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\WinRAR\wrar320.exe /s
COPY /Y %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\winrar\rarreg.key "%systemdrive%\Program Files\winrar"

ECHO.
ECHO Installing Nero Burning ROM v6.3.0.3
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Nero\nero.exe /SILENT /NOREBOOT /SN=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx /WRITE_SN
start /wait regedit /s %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Nero\register.reg

ECHO.
ECHO Installing Power DVD 5
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\PowerDVD5\Setup.exe -s -f1"%systemdrive%\install\Applications\PowerDVD5\setup.iss"

ECHO.
ECHO Installing Photoshop CS and ImageReady CS
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Photoshop8\Setup.exe -s -f1"%systemdrive%\install\Applications\Photoshop8\setup.iss"

ECHO.
ECHO Patching Photoshop CS and ImageReady CS
ECHO Please wait...
COPY /Y %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Tw10122.dat "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS"
COPY /Y %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\AdobeLM.dll "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS"

ECHO.
ECHO Installing MS Office Professional 2003
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Office2003\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=%systemdrive%\install\Applications\Office2003\unattended.MST /qb-

ECHO.
ECHO Installing Q832483 Security Update for Microsoft Data Access Components
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\hotfixes\ENU_Q832483_MDAC_x86.EXE /T:%systemdrive%\install\tmp /C:"%systemdrive%\install\tmp\dahotfix.exe /q /n" /Q

ECHO.
ECHO Applying Registry Tweaks
REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\Applications\RegTweaks\RegTweaks.reg

ECHO.
ECHO Deleting Temp Installation Files
ECHO Please wait...
RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\Drivers
RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\install

thanks all got most of it ok except for the copy command i dont know how to do it with runonce..

Edited by alcho

Well, you can get the RunOnceEx maker program. It'll help you get all the application installs in there.

As for copying files, you shouldn't need to. You can simply place the files in their correct location in the $OEM$ folders and you should be set.

For example:

$OEM$\$Progs\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\

Would refer to:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\

Just find the right location in the $OEM$ folders for the files that you would otherwise copy. They'll get copied over in the intial stages of installation.

And next time use code tags, or even better codebox tags. It makes it a lot easier for us to read and keeps things clean. (Perhaps you could edit your post above to fix this...)

Hope this helps and welcome to MSFN!

Cheers!

First of all, I'm going to assume you mean RunOnceEx, not RunOnce. They are slightly different, to quote Alanoll,

RunOnce would be an invisible call to run all the windows (sorta like Windows does when starting up and starts other applications)

RunOnce\Setup is closest to RunOnceEX but that you can't change the Title, and runs IMMEDIATELY after they keys are imported into the registry.

RunOnceEX creates a window that lists all the program, can cahnge the title, and only executes after a restart or a call to the iernonce.dll process.

RunOnceEX is documented on the Unattended guide as it's the most used and there's a nifty little picture showing it in action as well.

I can't help you with RunOnce or RunOnce\Setup, but RunOnceEx is easy enough.

There are any number of methods to implement it, although by far the most common is a simple batch file. All you're doing is adding the data to "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx" in the registry, using numbered subfolders to indicate the order. You can get more help on the batchfile method of implementation on the UnAttended Guide and by typing "Reg Add /?" into a command window. Once you understand the concept and the method, you can try using Eagle00789's RunOnceEx creator to create the batch file for you.

cool that helps a lot thanks mate.i'll try and edit the code tags things now have to do more reading.

quick one though i want to copy the file

$OEM$\$Progs\Adobe\Photoshop CS\AdobeLM.dll

so when windows is installed it will be in the file

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS\ folder is that right

Edited by alcho

That's correct, assuming Windows is installed on the C:\ drive. More info about the $OEM$ folders is, of course, at the guide. There are other ways to copy files over as well. I have some large files that I copy over by making a cab or 7zip archive beforehand, then using Extract.exe or 7za.exe, respectively, from the commandline with the path to extract. This is only really worth it if the file/files are large, and it looks like most of yours are not, but I figured I would throw it out there.

Also, keep in mind that if you're trying to bypass Photoshop activation by copying over the dat file (that's what it looks like, I'm just guessing), the file is hardware specific and will only work on the PC it was created on.

your dead right jez man ur good it works fine in tthe batch script so i assume it is gonna work ok in the runonceex script as well.

thats all i was having probs with..

and how do i do them codes doesn't look right in my last post....

Running it now in Virtual Pc to see if it will work cant believe i spent over a week looking for a solution to this because i was afraid to post been reading lots of posts from newbies like myself and thought i was gonna get torched and flamed.

Again Thank You.

Here is my finished RounceEx file

cmdow @ /HID
@echo off

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Applications" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "Adobe Reader 6" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Applications\Adobe_Reader\AdbeRdr60_enu_full.exe -p"-s /v\"/qn\" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\025 /VE /D "Avg Anti Virus" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\025 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Applications\avg\avg7.exe" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /VE /D "Nero Burning ROM v6.3.0.3" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\050 /V 2 /D "%systemdrive%\Applications\Nero\nero.exe /SILENT /NOREBOOT /SN=1A23-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx /WRITE_SN" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\050 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\Applications\Nero\register.reg" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\065 /VE /D "Sun Java 1.4.2" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\065 /V 1 /D"%systemdrive%\Applications\SunJava\j2re-1_4_2_01-windows-i586.exe /s /v"/qn ADDLOCAL=jrecore IEXPLORER=1" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\070 /VE /D "Power DVD 5" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\070 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\apps\Applications\PowerDVD5\Setup.exe -s -f1"%systemdrive%\install\Applications\PowerDVD5\setup.iss" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\075 /VE /D "Photoshop CS and ImageReady CS" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\075 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\apps\Applications\Photoshop8\Setup.exe -s -f1"%systemdrive%\install\Applications\Photoshop8\setup.iss" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\080 /VE /D "WinRAR 3.20" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\080 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\apps\WinRAR320.exe /s" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\085 /VE /D "Installing Office 2003" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\085 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Applications\Office2003\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.mst /qb-" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\090 /VE /D "Applying Registry Tweaks" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\090 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\Applications\RegTweaks\RegTweaks.reg" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\095 /VE /D "Cleaning Up and Rebooting" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\095 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\apps\cleanup.cmd" /f

EXIT

Edited by alcho