Multi OS DVD

bigalexp

Hi i am new to this board and looking for some help

i am sort of following the http://flyakite.msfnhosting.com/ guide on making a multi os dvd, but i am not going to be compressing it at the end.

so far i followed the instuctions for Windows xp pro and 2000 pro and i have made a cdshell.ini (which i checked and it works with no errors).

so i have made a bootable image with all the folders and files i need, then i load it into a virtual machine and run it.

the menu part works fine. but then when i press 1 (for windows xp pro sp2) it says setup is inspecting your computers hardware configuration. but then says NTDETECT Failed and reboots.

the same happens when i press 2 (for windows 2000 pro) but that just hangs on the NTDETECT failed part

so has anyone got any ideas where i have gone wrong, i have tried making the folders and boot folder all over again and i still get the same error

any help would be most greatfull

thank al

Check that you have edited the three files: setupldr.bin, PRO1.dat (or whatever you named it(The boot file for the version of windows)) and txtsetup.sif.

I'm pretty sure it's the txtsetup.sif that causes this error.

Good Luck :)

ok i have sorted the NTDETECT problem and the dvd works fine, but now i want to add 2003 server with sp1 which shud be same as the other??

but also i want to add x64 to the dvd, but i found a guide on the net and found it but it says to copy the win51 to the root but there is already one there from xp, shud i over write it with this one?

and i would like to add mce to the disc as well has anyone got a guide for this and combing the two disc's