Running installations directly on CD/DVD

I would like to know is it a waste of time in copying the applicatons setup files to the harddisk first? Is there any other way that allow you to run the installations directly on your unattended CD/DVD?

I know there's no such a command as %CDDrive%. However, I would like to know is there any possible ways in doing so? I would be so happy if you guys can tell me.

first of all someone is going to tell you to search the fourm. There really big on that here.

My only response to that, is why wouldn't you search first? You don't even need to use the Forum Search function, there's a Google Box at the top of the page...

My only response to that, is why wouldn't you search first? You don't even need to use the Forum Search function, there's a Google Box at the top of the page...

i totally agree with you, if my choice of wording in some way offended i apologize. It was mearly an attempt to inform him (politely) to search befor posting. I've read some pretty harsh responses to some newbies, that well make it rather difficult to muster up the balls to ask a question that we have truly searched and found no answer.