Hotfix additions to a sliptreamed CD

When looking at the info for creating a slipstreamed CD with hotfixes at unattended.msfn.org/beginner/hotfix/svcpack.htm, it states;

"All the hotfixes you have downloaded, renamed and copied to the SVCPACK folder should be added under this section in svcpack.inf in numerical order.

When watching the install of hotfixes the last time, I noticed that they did not install in numerical order, is this really necessary?

Also, if the newly created slipstreamed CD will be used to install to a computer with XP already on it (SP'd and hotfixed), can't you just get the list of hotfix numbers from the C:\WINNT uninstall folders?

Thanks

Also, if the newly created slipstreamed CD will be used to install to a computer with XP already on it (SP'd and hotfixed), can't you just get the list of hotfix numbers from the C:\WINNT uninstall folders?

Thanks

What if they had been installed without uninstall option? You can get the list of installed hotfixes from the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\

What if they had been installed without uninstall option? You can get the list of installed hotfixes from the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\

Point well taken, hadn't thought of that possibility, a bit more difficult to "cut and paste" out of tho :} . It'd be a snap to just do a Dos directory listing to a text file of the WINNT folders. Perhaps I can do that while having the registery open just to side-by-side verify.

Try list.cmd

@echo off
FOR /F "usebackq eol=! tokens=2*" %%i IN (`REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows XP\SP3"`) do for /F "tokens=3* delims=\" %%l IN ("%%i") do echo %%l>>list.txt
exit