Unattended XP Tablet PC Edition 2005

I am thinking of reinstalling Windows on my Tablet PC (HP TC1100), and would like the simplicity of having an unattended install disk. (I have one for my main rig, and it save so much time!) Plus I don't want to use the restore disks, as they install loads of programs that I never use...

However, I know that XP Tablet PC edition has extra features (handwriting recognition etc...), and when you install SP2, you get all the extra features of Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 (Lonestar).

I'm also not 100% sure as to whether it's an OEM CD or Retail, but I guess that's just trial and error with the product key and an old PC.

So my question is thus: If I use an OEM XPSP2 CD, (or a Retail CP CD slipstreamed with SP2) will I still get the Tablet functionality?

Thanks in advance...

In fact the installed "edition" depends on the CD-KEY! Your Tablet-PC Edition can also be an MCE with the correct key... Entering an XP-PRO key in setup will result in an XP-PRO Edition, even when MCE/TabletPC discs have been used for install.

Of course this only works if the folder "cmpnents" has not been altered.

So it doesn't matter what disc I use, becase the CD key gives me the Tablet functionality?

Sweet. +1 point for Microsoft.

I can't see the "cmpnents" folder on a brief glance, but I won't touch it now you've said that.

So it doesn't matter what disc I use, becase the CD key gives me the Tablet functionality?

Nope, it mattes. At least in my experience it does. For the most part I use a VLK source and if I try to use a WINNT.SIF with a TabletPC key code it fails. I can't find the web site to save my life at this point, but I remember seeing an explanation as to how the whole key code / version thing works. The file SETUPP.INI, located in the i386 directory, has almost everything to do with it.

For the time being I'm just maintaining seperate install media. I've tried all the tricks with optimizing the ISO file, etc.. and it's just more trouble than it's worth. Especially if you want a client to be able to restore one of their machines on their own.