[OemInfFiles]

i had previously been using the TXTSETUP.SIF method of integrating the NVRAID drivers. this would work fine in the TEXTMODE portion of setup, but once the GUIMODE setup had completed, i would get bluescreens/reboots trying to load windows for the first time. the problem was a result of the NVIDIA NForce Storage Controller not being installed during GUIMODE. since driver is not WHQL certified, setup prioritized the installation of its own Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller.

after a lot of playing around, i have managed to successfully integrate the NVRAID drivers onto an x64 unattended cd. i used the 7.12 PATARAID IDE drivers from the MSI website.

please refer to GreenMachine's Space for instructions on how to make the appropriate changes for the TEXTMODE portion of setup.

these were the additions i made to TXTSETUP.SIF:

[SourceDisksFiles]
nvatax64.sys = 1,,,,,,3_,4,1
nvrdx64.sys = 1,,,,,,3_,4,1

[HardwareIdsDatabase]
"GenNvRaidDisk" = "nvrdx64"
"*_NVRAIDBUS" = "nvrdx64"
"*NVRAIDBUS" = "nvrdx64"
"PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_008E" = "nvatax64"
"PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0085" = "nvatax64"
"PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00D5" = "nvatax64"
"PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00EE" = "nvatax64"
"PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00E3" = "nvatax64"
"PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00E5" = "nvatax64"
"PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0035" = "nvatax64"
"PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0036" = "nvatax64"
"PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_003E" = "nvatax64"
"PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0053" = "nvatax64"
"PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0054" = "nvatax64"
"PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0055" = "nvatax64"

[SCSI.load]
nvatax64 = nvatax64.sys,4
nvrdx64 = nvrdx64.sys,4

[SCSI]
nvatax64 = "NVIDIA NForce Storage Controller"
nvrdx64 = "NVIDIA RAID CLASS DRIVER"

to successfully install the NVIDIA NForce Storage Controller in GUIMODE:

place the following files in X:\$OEM$\$$\OEMDIR

idecoi.dll    317440  17:30.14 2005-05-12 
nvatax64.inf    4125  17:28.00 2005-05-12
nvatax64.sys  147968  17:30.14 2005-05-12

add the following lines to WINNT.SIF:

[Data]
OemDrivers=OemInfFiles

[OemInfFiles]
OemDriverFlags=1
OemDriverPathName="%SystemRoot%\OemDir"
OemInfName="nvatax64.inf"

please let me know if you are successfully able to use this method. ;)

Why would you need to? The only reason for implementing drivers in this fashion is to access drives on controllers that Windows doesn't have native support for without using a floppy. Any other devices can be loaded in other ways during setup, or even after setup.

• 3 weeks later...
Why would you need to?  The only reason for implementing drivers in this fashion is to access drives on controllers that Windows doesn't have native support for without using a floppy.  Any other devices can be loaded in other ways during setup, or even after setup.

in order to have the latest drivers installed for your devices, even if they are not WHQL.

sure you could install the devices after setup, but i'd prefer during setup. after all, i integrate drivers so that i have an unattended/slipstreamed installation. ;)

what other way was there of installing a device during setup, other than using the OemPnPDriversPath entry in WINNT.SIF? :unsure:

I have a SATA RAID0 array on my nforce3, and I can get everything installed, but then get blue screens when I actually try to boot the new windows installation. Do you have any advice on drivers I might try with this method. I tried it with the nforce4 pata drivers you have linked here just for the hell of it, but that didn't work.

@obeseotron:

try the official 6.66 release on the nvidia site.  the SATA raid drivers are now WHQL.  you should be able to integrate them without the [OemInfFiles] method.

Can you explain how to integrate the 6.66 drivers? :hello:

I've been searching around and I can't find anyway to integrate the 6.66 drivers for either x86 or x64. I want to know how to do it for both though, since I use x86 and x64 XP. :yes:

@dale5605:

[OemInfFiles] should work with any version of the nforce drivers. i'm currently using it with 7.13.

the first post describes how to get the drivers integrated with x64. the link to GreenMachine's Space is especially useful. what do you need explained exactly?

@dale5605:

[OemInfFiles] should work with any version of the nforce drivers.  i'm currently using it with 7.13.

the first post describes how to get the drivers integrated with x64.  the link to GreenMachine's Space is especially useful.  what do you need explained exactly?

Well you mentioned something about how they are now WHQL and you don't need this method for the 6.66? I was wondering what is the other method?

@dale5605:

be sure to check the link to GreenMachine's Space in my first post, if anything is unclear. just minor folder changes are needed for x64 (AMD64 instead of i386). let X:\ be the path to your setup files. i'll follow the step numbers on his site:

1) append TXTSETUP.SIF with what i posted earlier.

2) copy the SATARAID folder to X:\$OEM$\$1\DRIVERS

3) append WINNT.SIF with

[Unattended] 
  OemPreinstall=Yes
  OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\SATARAID"

4) run the following in a command prompt

MAKECAB X:\$OEM$\$1\DRIVERS\SATARAID\nvatax64.sys X:\AMD64\nvatax64.sy_ 
MAKECAB X:\$OEM$\$1\DRIVERS\SATARAID\nvrdx64.sys X:\AMD64\nvrdx64.sy_

that should do it. i haven't tried the WHQL SATARAID drivers personally. i have a PATARAID that i play with, so i use the corresponding drivers.

let me know if it works. :)