Deleting 'Send to" Floppy and CDRW

jasinwa

I've searched the net and this forum of course....can't find anything clear to get this one resolved.

First, I have all hidden files shown (the folder options, etc).

These 2 send to entries are no where to be found. I've searched the registry for the words Floppy and CDRW and couldn't find them for anything to do with the send to menu, best I could tell....

I was surprised not to easily find an answer to this one...

I want to remove the 2 entries in the send to submenu:

Send to 3 1/2" Floppy

Send to CD-RW Drive

Anyone got the answer?

thanks but I already said (in a roundabout way) that I checked that, tried that - those 2 are NOT displaying anywhere.

I have show all...on every pc I use.....as a general rule I want to see all. These 2 I can't find!

I checked the windowsxp.mvps link...good info but that one kills the drivesfrom view altogether....I want to just remove them from the send to menu....

oh well, looks like it can not be done!

yes, I found how to remove the wholesend to in the contect menu, but again, not quite what I want..

I am picky, eh? :P

I just want the 2 drive entries (floppy and CDRW) removed, ONLY from the send to menu.

Otherwise I have a number of send to's I like to use!

You could remove your cd rw and floppy drive but i dont think that would help you that much either

I have it removed on mine (send to menu) so i cant see any changes i make - have you tried right clicking the cd-rw in my computer and disabling the recording feature (if you use windows built in burning then dont do this) its good if you use nero or a diferent burning program as this wont effect it and it may remove the link in the send to menu.

As for the Floppy drive i have know idea

i will keep looking though