Bootable Antivirus CD?

So my sister-in-law is home from college and asks me to take a look at her laptop. Apparently it got a virus and the system is pretty hosed. I want to create a bootable CD and run Norton AV from the command line.

So I created a bootable CD using Nero and also added vpscan.exe and s-t-i-n-g-e-r.exe (renamed to stinger.exe).

The CD boots but I can't see the 2 files I added.

Back in the DOS/Windows 3.1 days I would boot from a floppy and run Mcaffee from the command line and it would find the viruses and get rid of them.

Is there a better way to do this? I'm thinking that vpscan.exe is out of date, so I'm looking for a better command line scanner.

I was also thinking of taking the HD out of the laptop and hooking it up to and IDE adapter so I could see it from my desktop PC and run NAV Corp Ed. 9.0 on it, but I don't have the adapter with me and I'd have to go buy one.

Thanks for any advice and pointers. I've tried searching past posts, but I'm unable to find the answer I need.

Jel

Try creating a BartPE CD with UBCD4win on it. This will have all the utils you'll ever need, inc. a virus scanner or two. I can't remember which ones off the top of my head

Have a google and see what you can come up with.