XPCREATE: Commercial Version

Majoram

Hello,

I'm just curious. What does the commercial version of XPCREATE give you?

From the site it just says that the plugins download the hotfixes etc and does some repackaging. Is there any other functionallity other than that?

Any info appreciated. Thanks!

PS Just in case you are wondering why, I would not mind buying it if it gave enough extra tools that are useful

XPCREATE Commercial has the ability to automatically download hotfixes from a list on the server (which is severely outdated). It also allows for integration of Shockwave and Flash plugins and a couple other things i forget at the moment.

However, i should point out, untill GM gets back...you won't be able to get the commercial version.

XPCREATE Commercial has the ability to automatically download hotfixes from a list on the server (which is severely outdated). It also allows for integration of Shockwave and Flash plugins and a couple other things i forget at the moment.

However, i should point out, untill GM gets back...you won't be able to get the commercial version.

Cool thanks Alanoll! That's pretty much all the info i needed

PS Oh wait it's not. Is there a thread or user manual for XPCREATE? (Other than what is on the site that is).

btw I've read some of those bashing threads on GM. Good work putting those in their place. Seriously the guy does it for free, it is really ridiculous when people expect so much for something that's free.

btw I've read some of those bashing threads on GM. Good work putting those in their place. Seriously the guy does it for free, it is really ridiculous when people expect so much for something that's free.

@Majoram

The commercial version that my company has tried to purchase is not free. Which of our expectations do you find ridiculous?

The commercial version that my company has tried to purchase is not free. Which of our expectations do you find ridiculous?

The people TRYING to buy the software have a right to be disgruntled. The people that DID buy it have even more. That being said...I'll talk to GM about setting up a way for me to collect money in his name (PayPal most likely) but i HIGHLY doubt that would happen. That and i don't know if I would trust that type of payment method myself...

XPCREATE Commercial has the ability to automatically download hotfixes from a list on the server (which is severely outdated).

That answers one of my questions concerning the commercial version. From what I have read around the internet about XPCreate, with the author of this program being AWOL you can't get it (commercial version) any more and those that did pay for it and get it way back when are not getting the benefit of a maintained support Auto-List which was the reason for paying for the commercial version in the first place.

I'm not flaming here, just pointing out what I have been reading during my search/research around the Internet concerning this program.

With respect to those that are really trying to put a positive face this... Maybe you are the ones that should be in control of the program, program support and program infrastructure, which are full time necessities when you have commercial products out there with paid customers expecting..... Well, you get the idea.

Thank You,

Millie

@Majoram

I was referring to those who wanted the free copy.

No offense meant to those who bought it.

Then you have a reason to be disgruntled.

With respect to those that are really trying to put a positive face this... Maybe you are the ones that should be in control of the program, program support and program infrastructure, which are full time necessities when you have commercial products out there with paid customers expecting..... Well, you get the idea.

Haha! Sorry, i just got a laught out of that. No offense intended, though i could have just laughed because i'm pretty tired at the moment.

1. Being in control is dependant on the creator. I can't change that.

2. I would first have to understand the inner workings of XPCREATE for that to happen (i understand a majority but not all)

3. To maintain the hotfix lists, i would in essence need a master list of ALL hotfixes with links to ALL of them for EVERY language. That's is a monumentous job in of itself, and then to maintain i'd have to go through and remove the old replacing with the new.

4. I would need a controlled server for that, and MSFN currently has hotlink protection enabled. I could allow a bypass for certain file types, but then we run into the problem of number 3.

With regards to all those who have a commercial version, I'm more then willing to try and get XPCREATE to work properly for you, seeing as you PAID for it. However, i don't guarantee that same support for the freeware version. If they're posts on this forum, I'll answer when i can, so everyone can benefit, but i just can't make any guarantees on it.

Features included in the commercial version are additional plugins. Here the description of all plugins:

1/ Download "GreenMachine HotFix list" used to download all Hotfixes from MSFT Web sites (commercial only)

2/ Repackage "DirectX9c" in an IEXPRESS package, with extraction and silent installation commands (free/commercial)

3/ Repackage "GDITool" in an IEXPRESS package, with extraction and silent installation commands (free/commercial)

4/ Repackage "Internet Explorer 6 SP1" in an IEXPRESS package, with extraction and silent installation commands (free/commercial)

5/ Repackage ".NET Framework" in an IEXPRESS package, with extraction and silent installation commands (commercial only)

6/ "Registry import" package with extraction and silent installation commands (commercial only)

7/ Repackage "Macromedia Flash" in an IEXPRESS package, with extraction and silent installation commands (commercial only)

8/ Repackage "Windows Media Connect" in an IEXPRESS package, with extraction and silent installation commands (free/commercial)

9/ Integrating "Windows Update Components" (commercial only)

Edited by Bilou_Gateux

The ability to aquire a list of updates and download them automatically has been removed in the free version.

You can maintain and update the various SVC-XXX XPCREATE folders for your OS using informations posted and updated by Incroyable HULK HOTFIXES here and GreenMachine What goes Where?

And don't hesitate to request help from others members to achieve your goals (but use the search function first :rolleyes: )

Edited by Bilou_Gateux