script to determine hal

Hello I am working on making a generic syspreped image for Dell equipment. That being desktops and laptops. I have it down how to get the correct drivers on the machine and get them detected. My question is is there a way to have the HAL detected and replaced on the fly ? If not Can I have all iteration of the hal on the machine and somehow during the first boot have a menu come up and then you select the machine model and copy over the appropriate hal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Im am sorry can you include more info ? What is dccu ? Is this a cript to detect the make and model from the bios? Where do I get the script ? How do I implement this ? Do I add code in batch after ghost complete to detect model then do a bunch of if statements to load ntfs4dos then copy over the appropriate ahl files? Sorry for being stupid !!!! Your input is greatly appreciated.

Whoa, slow down :) One question at a time please :D

DCCU is Dell Client Configuration Utility - it allows you to create packages, that will automatically configure your BIOS.

Yes, you are right, this script will determine the PC model. It is not based on BIOS, it is based on baseboard in computer.

The script is on the page I provided :)

The most important part for you is

Case "0t9369"
 'Wscript.Echo "Notebook D600"
 funcNainstalovanieWifi("d600")
 funcNainstalovanieChipsetu("d600")
 Case "optiplex gx150"
 'Wscript.Echo "OptiPlex GX150"
 funcNainstalovanieChipsetu("gx150")
Case "00t606","02x378"
 'Wscript.Echo "Optiplex GX260"
 funcNainstalovanieChipsetu("gx260")
Case "0x1078","0r2472","0u1324"
 'Wscript.Echo "OptiPlex GX270"
 funcNainstalovanieChipsetu("gx270")
Case "0n4846","0968h","0g5611","0f7739","0g8310"
'Wscript.Echo "OptiPlex GX280"
 funcNainstalovanieChipsetu("gx280")
Case Else
 Call OdoslanieMailu
 'wscript.echo "Didnt find associated PC!"
End Select

Every model from Dell have few variations, some of them (GX150) dont have. Under every section (wscript.echo "Notebook D600") you can include any code you want.

I downloaded the utility. I dont see how this will work from dos. Ok. Maybe I need to go simpler. Is there a way I can have a batch file run during windows boot after sysprep to ask person make and model of pc then copy approriate hal ?

Again thanks for sticking with me. I just dont see how dccu will help at dos level. On another note I am not a vbs programmer so the code is a little confusing.

You are correct. The driver part for chipset, vid, audio, and nic have been taken care of in sysprep.inf with oempnpdriverspath statement. The only thing I want to do is prior to the machine detecting the hardware I want to either choose or detect the machine model and have the appropriate hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe copied to the windows system directory. Again your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

Ah, sorry, I absolutely didnt understand your problem, but I do now...

Anyway my solution wont help you, you cant use vbscript from DOS. Dont know if you will find solution, why are you using images instead of unattended installations?