People need to learn to read the rules!

Zxian

I just need to vent....

I'm sure that the mods here can feel my pain. I'm the moderator of the student computers and mailing lists for my department at UBC (Engineering Physics). The mailing lists are meant to be used by the students for discussion regarding department related events.

Last night, a student sent out an e-mail regarding a Canada Day weekend frat party. This in itself is not on. What's worse though is that upon recieving the e-mail (I'm guessing, since this is the first time that I've seen these types of e-mails), two other students decide to promote their own events - one was a CD release party, the other was some other thing that I didn't even bother to read.

Why do these people think that all of a sudden the rules have changed?!?!?!? :realmad:

I was nice today and sent out a warning e-mail to the entire list (to curb any other people who might think that this is ok), but my "ban" finger is really twitchy... and the next sign of rule-breaking... man... they better watch out!

Thanks... I needed to get that out...

It's not my place or responsibility to do that for them. It's the first time that it's happened, but I'm just surprised that three e-mails all came within the past 10 hours.

It only means that the email was successful in getting the word out.

Beats having to pass out flyers on campus. When you can just email or blast to everyone.

They just have to get the database to spam everyone, if there is a party.

Edited by Astalavista

My favorite one was when a high school kid was using a backdoor to the main server to upload his mps, misc files, but was mostly using the gateway server for his own personal storage, (about 2GB worth!)

Those' Bastards! Delete them all or write them into a very small script shell...... :whistle:

Asta, there are 2 ways of looking at anything ;)

Zxian, yup, got whatcha meant. Its indeed enough to drive anyone to rage! Hang on in there, man.... hope that a day comes when rules do get followed...

Thanks everyone,

Yeah... like I said... with me right now, everyone's got their first strike ever since I sent out the warning e-mail... anyone tries that crap again gets banned...

Man I love having the power. :D

NP, your welcome to use it, abuse it, save it. Etc. etc. (got told by mods here it was too big :} ) So I resized it once again to 300x100, even the fist size was too big at 400x100, and original size 600x178.

Sigh!

And I have so many wierd signatures.