Clicking file links from WORD warns me abt virus!

SidB

I am getting a problem: I have in a Word file links to files and applications located on my computer, but everytime I click on a link to open a file, there's a message that pop ups to warn me that the file may contain virus threat etc.

I have not found any option to disable this in word 03, so I guess it is due to some XP settings. Can someone help me to cancel these messages?

Thanks

Sid

Edited by SidB

Sorry, it is sometimes problem when I missed a reply.

Go to registry,

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_LOCALMACHINE_LOCKDOWN

and add value Winword.exe, type DWORD and value 0

Did it help?

sorry, I'm not sure to understand: I created a new DWORD value and called it Winword.exe (and it was automatically on value 0), is that ok?

Anyway this doesn't resolve the problem

Thanks

This may be the one:

IE > Tools > Internet Options > Advanced

Security

[√] Allow active content to run in files on My Computer

Also, if the files have macros, then reset the macros security setting in Word.

If the above don't solve it, then it could be some settings in My Computer security zone.

Edited by Takeshi

OK I tried the registry thing it's not working.

I've set security of macros to low level in word but no changes. For the My computer security zone, I entered the custom level window, and set the settings to low, but when I close the window and relaunch it, it's on high. So i don't know, should I change other settings?

Thanks

What are these "files and applications located on my computer"?

Is the "message that pop ups" from Windows or your anti-virus? It'd help to see a screenshot.

I doubt if you changed "My Computer" security settings as this zone is normally not visible.

The applications are .exe, .ink or whatever applications

The message is from Windows (I haven't installed an antivirus). Here is a screenshot (office is in french, xp in english)

post-57952-1119477807_thumb.jpg

Sorry for late reply, I was out for some days

Thanks a lot for the link BUT

There are two types of message described on the page: one concerning http link warning, the other about files on computer. Mine is the second one (at the end of the page), and they doesn't really give a solution to this one.

I tried the regedit change but as it's explained, there is no change for my problem. Am I missing or misunderstanding something?

Thanks