ZoneAlarm suite 5

can someone help me, I'm trying to install zonealarm 5 suite. and in the middle of the install the setup for Mailfrontier pops up and won't go away till you either cancel or continue the setup.

here is the command I use

setup.exe /s /noreboot

I don't want to use the Mailfrontier

any help would be great

I have tried taskkill and pskill, but both of those wait till the first command has finished. this is the last thing I need for my cd and it is driving me crazy :(

This happend to me a Long time ago.. Im sure it was a regtweak causing the problem or make sure you have the latest version.. I know this isnt a great help but I cant remember atm

Maybe use a simple autoit script like below:

; Execute Installer
If FileExists ( @ScriptDir & "\setup.exe" ) Then
  $PID =Run ( @ScriptDir & "\setup.exe /s /noreboot" )
Else
  Exit
EndIf

; Process Hunting
ProcessWait ( "Mailfrontier.exe" )
ProcessClose ( "Mailfrontier.exe"

Exit

Edited by Nologic

Well first you need to grab autoit its self [link]

Then mostly its just looking at other peoples scripts, and reading the help file.

Now the script above simply executes an *.exe installer, hopefully that of zonealarm. Next it simply waits for a given process to start...keep in mind that was a wild guess of mine of what Mailfrontier executable is named...so that may need to be altered...any ways once that process starts the script then continues...which is to kill that task and only that task.

So idealy the rest of your zonealarm installation should go fine.

So after you got AutoIt installed and the script edited to reflect the correct executables, you should be able to compile it into a exe its self...make sure the script is named different than the installer...other wise when the script is compiled it will replace the installer exe with its self...and to make matters worse...it would then repeatively reexecute its self...very very bad thing. ;)