Printing software

D8TA

Anyone have any knowledge of good printing software? What I am looking for is software to keep users from printing color. The locations would have a black and white printer and a color printer. There are only certain documents that need to print color and everything else is going to print b&w.

So with this software I would like to have everything print b&w with the exceptions of those certain documents. If I print this page out to the color printer I want it to be b&w, obviously if I print to the b&w printer my output would be b&w. I found two vendors OM+ from Plus Technologies and Cypress from ASG. Anyone have any other solutions or use anyone of these to help me decide?

I've already tried to remove all the color printers but that didn't fly. The software I was looking at turns a PC into a print server, it needs to be light because someone will be using this PC too.

If you are using 2000/xp with ntfs you might be able to restrict access to the print properties but, I am not sure. I would go to a printer support forum and ask. Is it an hp?

What os are you running? And srevers?